by Ndidi1st Investigator
Investigator

Help? “PDP authentification failure” alert, whilst abroad.

Hi, can anyone help please?

I’m currently abroad (from the U.K.) and after a few days of using bought data, I now have an alert pop up saying “PDP Authentification Failure” whenever I try to use mobile data. 

I have searched for solutions and done the “reset to network settings” process at least 3 times. 

I’m at a loss because my phone won’t let me call EE and once I leave my hotels WiFi, I’ll be extremely stuck. 

This seems to be the only “live chat”

option, so hoping I can get some help here? 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Help? “PDP authentification failure” alert, whilst abroad.

This is not Live Chat. It is a user discussion group.

On the contact us page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's open, looking like:

Capture.JPG

It's only for contract users.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ndidi1st Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, 

I am a contract user, but I don’t see that live chat as an option when I go to the contact us page. Not sure if it’s because  I’m abroad, but I definitely don’t see what your screen shot shows. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you click on the link in my post or the Contact Us at top of page? Mine takes a step out of the path.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ndidi1st

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time abroad so far. Whereabouts are you?

Could you try manually connecting to another available network operator?:

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Thanks

Chris

by Ndidi1st Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris

Yep, I’ve done that. Makes no difference to the pop up alert.

by Ndidi1st Investigator
Investigator

Yes I clicked your link. 

This is what appears for me.391042FF-026A-4D88-889D-6C9EC64AE886.png

You can see there are no links at the top for me.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Ndidi1st

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you check your account settings to make sure everything is set up for you;

To do this log into your My EE account online and select Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and Call abroad and premium rate calls.

They will show as ticked if they are set up for you, if not can you activate both settings?

You will also see a chat option when logged into your My EE account online when an agent is available.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to click my link for Live Chat during UK working hours, i.e. 8AM to 9PM today.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.