by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

Help. Can’t use phone abroad on network. My wife’s phone as well.

Help.  Can’t use network abriad

8 REPLIES 8
by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

I’m abroad in La Palma Spain. Sorry to keep emailing, but we will be going out o

I’m on La Palma Spain Sorry to keep emailing, but we will be going out on business again at 9 o’clock. Just to let you know that WiFi calling (including WhatsApp call etc) does not work from the hotel WiFi, even in the lobby (which is a strong signal) . So no voice capability from either phone. The fact that both phones have failed with exactly the same symptoms must be a major clue surely? They failed on the same day (last Thursday afternoon). Surely simultaneous failure on both phones is too much of a coincidence. Neither phone wax dropped or damaged - they both stopped working on the network/ voice included. Both fine on WiFi (but not voice calls). They both work perfectly in every other respect.

by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

I’m abroad in La Palma Spain. Sorry to keep emailing, but we will be going out o

I’m on La Palma Spain.  Sorry to keep emailing, but we will be going out on business again at 9 o’clock. Just to let you know that WiFi calling (including WhatsApp call etc) does not work from the hotel WiFi, even in the lobby (which is a strong signal) . So no voice capability from either phone. The fact that both phones have failed with exactly the same symptoms must be a major clue surely? They failed on the same day (last Thursday afternoon). Surely simultaneous failure on both phones is too much of a coincidence. Neither phone wax dropped or damaged - they both stopped working on the network/ voice included. Both fine on WiFi (but not voice calls). They both work perfectly in every other respect.

by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

Re: Help. Can’t use phone abroad on network. My wife’s phone as well.

the lack of service to my phone and my wife’s phones (you already have the numbers and our email addresses).
Both phones still showing “no service”, even after the full network reset from your end. Where do we go from here?

by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

this message sent via hotel WiFi, so both our phones working fine with WiFi. It’s is just network for phone and 4G / 3G that is not working. Really frustrating, as we cannot be contacted during the day.

by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to keep emailing, but we will be going out on business again at 9 o’clock. Just to let you know that WiFi calling (including WhatsApp call etc) does not work from the hotel WiFi, even in the lobby (which is a strong signal) . So no voice capability from either phone. The fact that both phones have failed with exactly the same symptoms must be a major clue surely? They failed on the same day (last Thursday afternoon). Surely simultaneous failure on both phones is too much of a coincidence. Neither phone wax dropped or damaged - they both stopped working on the network/ voice included. Both fine on WiFi (but not voice calls). They both work perfectly in every other respect. Hope this helps with your technical problem solving.

by Alsarj Contributor
Contributor

Been checking the EE community site and on google. Because both our phones suddenly stopped working on the roaming network (possibly just the international roaming network, as we haven’t had chance to check if they still work in the uk) - it looks like they may have been barred. I’ve come to this conclusion because they are on separate contracts but we share the same billing address (we are married). We are on direct debits and always pay our bills on time (automatically). Please could you pursue this and fix it urgently as we both need our phones here on La Palma as we are working here.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alsarj  This is a public forum not customer services and there is no access to your accounts via this forum and we don’t know your phone or email addresses as it’s a public forum. 

To point out to one of your earlier posts wifi calling only works in the UK.  

Login to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to chat with customer services or use a landline to call customer services. 

Whats app using wifi a signal has nothing to do with EE and in fact when using wifi it has nothing to do with EE as EE provide the cellular data connection not the wifi connection. 

And if both phones are having an issue and both devices are on there own accounts I probably say it’s the roaming network but that’s down to that network to sort out.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alsarj,

Welcome back to the community.

Have you tried selecting a different network manually?

If you need help with this, just let me know what type of phone you are using.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.