by Pokinbadgers Investigator
Investigator

H+ but no Internet

Hi all, 

My phone shows signal of H and H+ for data strength but have no use of Internet! Tried all the basics of switching on and off and airplane mode! Also tried manually adding APN and also resetting the APN! No luck. My Mrs has same phone and same network and is on 4g no problem. Any other ideas! This is also not a maintenance problem. 

Any help at all will be so helpful x

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: H+ but no Internet

Hi, 

• What phone do you have?
  • Are you on EE pay monthly customer or PAYG?
  • Are you on EE, Tmobile or Orange?
  • Have you tried downloading your APN settings from here?
  • Have you selected 4G/LTE from your network settings?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thank you for response,

I have the Samsung S6 edge

SM-G925F.

Read more
EE Pay monthly. 
Yes I have tried that a APN method and manually. 
I have also selected 4G/LTE and 3G only. 
?¿? ¿
Thank you for response tho... 
I have just noticed on "about device" my number is showing incorrect and also if I click "about devive" - "Status" - "Sim card status" - at the bottom under "mobile network state it says" disconnected?????? 
Am. I onto something does anybody think?? 
Thanks again

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pokinbadgers

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Your mobile number showing incorrectly in your settings may be causing problems with your data connection.

I recommend getting in contact with our customer service team, they should be able to try and update it from our side with a 'network refresh'.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

Hi and thanks for response. 

Spoke with ee today and they did try and fix the phone number issue, not sure what he did but I had to turn phone on and off but no joy. He says that's a known android issue and if I want the number changed to manually do it in an i phone? Anyways I got no where with this guy at all. I am going to try sim in my wifes phone later and see if it my phone? 

EE was very little help unfortunately. I tried more in 10 minutes than the hour I was on chat. 

by

Thanks for coming back with this feedback, @Pokinbadgers.

They probably tried refreshing your EE account and SIM, which sometimes helps fix this.

I understand what they mean with the iPhone test.

You can manually change the device number on those, whereas, you can't on an Android phone.

That certainly is a quick fix, if you have an iPhone available.

Chris

Investigator

Okay looks like it's my Phone,

My sim works fine in my partners phone yet her sim has same issues in my Phone??

Been messing with this for hours and if I change the APN one more time I'm gonna lose my marbles.

I have even checked my APN against my partners and done the ee reset APN. Seems my phone is the culprit??

Not sure if I have mentioned before but my call signal is very very poor too.

I have factory reset my phone as I had run out of ideas and yet still no joy. Gutted is not the word considering the time spent to rectify.

Any other ideas would be great but not holding out much hope.

by

Thanks for the update, @Pokinbadgers.

This revelation may help our technical support team with their troubleshooting.

I recommend having a chat with them again to let them know that your SIM worked OK in your partner's phone.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.