by Nataliecormack
Visitor

Going abroad for 3 months?

I'm working abroad in Spain for a few months but I am still contracted for 2 years in the U.K. I get 20GB of data unlimited minutes and unlimited texts. I'm confused about what to do and was wondering as EE are a worldwide provider if I could keep the same contract but move it to Spain and have the unlimited Spanish calls, texts and Spanish 20GB of data for the 3 months until I'm home as I pay £55.99 a month and don't want to pay this amount if I'm not even getting to use the amenities?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Going abroad for 3 months?

Hello @Nataliecormack your contract is non-transferable to other network providers and will have to remain with EE while you are abroad. There is no account access allowed on this public user forum to discuss what options are available to you I am sorry but most likely you will have to honour the contract while you are abroad whether you use it or not.

To discuss this further please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can access the account and advise you from there. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Nataliecormack your contract is non-transferable to other network providers and will have to remain with EE while you are abroad. There is no account access allowed on this public user forum to discuss what options are available to you I am sorry but most likely you will have to honour the contract while you are abroad whether you use it or not.

To discuss this further please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can access the account and advise you from there. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nataliecormack   You can use your device abroad it's called roaming.

And you agreed to pay your contract each month when you took it out and just because you are going abroad for a few months doesn't mean you don't have to keep up with the payments of the contract.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Nataliecormack and welcome to the Community.

Some of our tariffs do allow roaming access it is best to speak to Customer Services to see if you are on a suitable plan.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.