by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Go faster add on

I recently moved  my number to the eSIM in my iphone Max. The store made a renewed my contract which I did not query. its been shorted  part. 

I notice that my Go faster at £2 had been not been added which I previously had. Im told that this is no longer a option? Why is there no info about this removal on the EE site. EE still as info about text to 150 GO FASTER. 

I use to get 320 to 400mbps. 

Now 149 Ive tested other areas where I know there was a good download and again top is now 149. Are the downlaod speeds not capped?

Lee

32 REPLIES 32
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Go faster add on

Good Afternoon @Bazinga

Have you tried texting GO FASTER to 150?

Do you get any error messages back?

Is your new contract a MAX plan? You can check this by following these steps:

Katie 🙂

Established Contributor

Hi, ye texted GO FASTER recieve error message  saying sorry unable to process your request..... call 150 called 150 GO FASTER is NO longer a option. 

No im not a MAX plan I purchased my iphone outright and am Sim only hence the reason I previously paid £2 per month for go faster.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @Bazinga

I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Katie 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

149Mbps is still faster than the cap that is meant to be in place for non max plans though.

What are you doing that requires faster than this?

Established Contributor

the speed is fast enough just querying whats happening being the speeds used to be far higher. But main poin tis about GO FASTER no longer being an option, why? Its been removed with no comemnt from EE

by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Out of interest, what was the resolution to this?

Established Contributor

Hi

I did receive a call from EE. The guy who called was not even aware of the add-on. Its been removed from the SIM only customers. When I called EE they told me to go on a MAX Plan, you then have to explain Im unable to do so as Im a SIM only customer. You just go round in cirlces with some agents. I asked for tech, they then ask why , and say I can help with that. They then say have you check it out on the web site, no, SIM only customer have never had that feature and so forth, its hard work sometimes.

I think it would be the right thing for EE to explain why the add on was removed. There have made no statement requiring this addon.

I really hope EE allow SIM only customers to have the Max Plans, as we were once able to do.

Im just naffed off, being my plan was changed instore after moving to the eSIM. I never asked for the plan to be changed , nor was I ever informed. By changing my plan it removed the addon which cannot now be added on.

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I do find some of EEs decisions quite bizarre. They come up with add-ons and then remove them fairly quickly or they only apply to certain plans and it's not easy to keep up with it all. 

@James_B @Katie_B can either of you confirm this or advise further? Ta!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

GO FASTER is still available for 12 Month & 30 Day SIM-Only - see  EE SIM PLAN TERMS AND PRICE GUIDE under:

NON-MAX PLAN ADD-ONS

Go Faster Add-on

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Totally agree.  

I dont understnas why Max custoemr receives 100GB of data, yet the data is only 40GB for SIM only customers. Whoever makes these decision needs to look in this forum, and speak to customers.

Lee

Established Contributor

Thanks for that, but the addon is no longer offered. It not displayed in addon, nor when you text 150. If you call CS many staff don't even know it existed,  they look for it on the system and say its no longer offered. Strange being they tell everyone ewe are the fastest network, but cap SIM only customers at 60mbps.

Lee

IMG_0295.png

Established Contributor

OK, for giggles I just sent "Go faster" to 150, and the reply was:

"Thank you for chosing to add the Go Further product. We'll send you confirmation in just a minute"

Go Further?? Hope not, as I clearly didn't ask for Go Further!

Established Contributor

So then I receive this message....

"Hi. Thanks for adding our Go Faster add-on to your account. You'll now have access to our fastest 4G speeds."

Also under my add-ons I see "4G Speed Boost £2"

I'm on EE SIM 12m 40GB £35 which I converted to eSIM yesterday.

Established Contributor

So, looks like it's been added, I'll need to do some tests to decide if I keep it.

Out of interest, does this just apply to my phone, or does it also apply to my iPad SIM which is on the same account ..... so is it account-wide or just device?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So why does it still appear in EE's public help as How do I get the 4G Go Faster add-on? if it is no longer available?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

We still don't know why @Bazinga can't seem to add it though, and why he's being told it doesn't exist any more.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chistery: & conversely why @MrGimper can?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Recently someone on a new plan couldn't add the travel add on, yet others could, I suspect when creating the myriad of plans there's something that has to be done to get older add-ons enabled, and it just gets missed and needs someone to tick something.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Could the posters who can't get it not be on EE but Orange or T-M? Maybe even on PAYG?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.