by Franturn1234

Gifting data whilst abroad to someone in uk

I’m in Laos at the moment and my bill date has just passed and suddenly there is no data showing for me to be able to gift to my

children back in the UK. Can’t ring customer services as costs too much. No online chat available. How can I resolve this or neither child will be able to use their phones! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Gifting data whilst abroad to someone in uk

@Franturn1234 : Once your data refreshes at your bill date when you are outside UK & EU you can no longer gift data until you are back in the UK.

How do I gift my data and set controls?

You will not be prevented from gifting data when travelling, unless your allowance refreshes while you’re away. In this case you will have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Gifting data whilst abroad to someone in uk

@Franturn1234 : Once your data refreshes at your bill date when you are outside UK & EU you can no longer gift data until you are back in the UK.

How do I gift my data and set controls?

You will not be prevented from gifting data when travelling, unless your allowance refreshes while you’re away. In this case you will have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions