by Bill78
Explorer

Gifting data from Taiwan?

I'm working away in Taiwan for a month and now the new billing month started I need to gift data to my kids who are under my account. however my allowance is showing no data and is just blank? this has never been a problem before and even the day before Billing I looked and seen the allowance and could have gifted then, but now, nothing.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Gifting data from Taiwan?

Good Morning @Bill78.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you are outside of a location where your standard allowances can be used and your allowance refresh whilst there, then you will not be able to gift data until you return to an area where your standard allowances can be used.

Have you tried logging in via both your My EE App and My EE Online as you should still be able to see your allowance.

Speak soon, 

Katie

by Aminj13
Explorer

Hi Katie. I’m having the same problem as bill. We should be able to gift data from abroad. We do not pay to not have access to our phones. And for our families to have to not have phones because we’re out of the country working? That doesnt make sense.

Please advise as to what can be done ASAP. This is unacceptable. If this is a common practice, I’ll be sure to remember it when my contract is up soon. I’m sure EE can do something about this. 

by

Hi @Aminj13.

Welcome to the community.

When you are outside of a zone where you can use your standard data allowances and your data refreshes, you will no longer be able to gift data until you return to a standard data usage zone.

You will be able to gift data again when you return to the UK/EU.

Have a look at the terms of data gifting on our Data Gifting help Page.

Jon

by Aminj13
Explorer

HI Jon,

i think youve forgotten to answer my question.  So you all are going to penalize those who work outside the UK and ensure they and their family are unable to use data that we pay for on a monthly basis and there’s nothing EE wants to do to help us?

cheers - that just made my decision easier! 

by

Hi @Aminj13.

If you're able to get in contact with our Mobile Care team, they will be able to have a look at your account and see if there is anything they can do.

Jon

by Bill78
Explorer

Hi Aminj13

my wife managed to get our son some data by being on the phone to EE for a while. (Would’ve cost me a small fortune at £1.80 /min from here) Basically saying the same that at no point did we realise this would be the case. I mean I already effectively pay monthly for something I only use every other month. 

Oh well eh

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.