by Mr_M_Ali Investigator
Investigator

Galaxy note 5 - Will I get 4G signal?

I am currenlty thinking about buying an unlocked Galaxy Note 5 N920i, I know that it supports Band 3-1800Mhz and Band 7-2600MHz but not Band 20-800MHz, so will this stop me from getting 4G signal? (just want an updated answer).

I use willmyphonework.net to check if I will but they aren't too sure.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Galaxy note 5 - Will I get 4G signal?

It will still work in most places as the EE mobile network is made up of mostly band 3 (1800Mhz) equipment with band 7 in larger towns/cities.

Whilst EE are now using band 20, it's only in rural areas and areas that need infill to help improve indoor coverage so you probably won't even notice any lack of band 20 support on EE.  EE have only actually been using band 20 for a few months now as well.

1 REPLY 1
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Galaxy note 5 - Will I get 4G signal?

It will still work in most places as the EE mobile network is made up of mostly band 3 (1800Mhz) equipment with band 7 in larger towns/cities.

Whilst EE are now using band 20, it's only in rural areas and areas that need infill to help improve indoor coverage so you probably won't even notice any lack of band 20 support on EE.  EE have only actually been using band 20 for a few months now as well.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.