by GeorgieBhoy Investigator
Investigator

Full Monty Fair Use data cap.

Just had my data capped but I thought the T-Mobile Full Monty was truly unlimited.  Not tethering.

Have I just never reached the limit before?

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Full Monty Fair Use data cap.

Hello @GeorgieBhoy the full month plans have had a fair use data cap of 3gb per monthly billing cycle for a few years now (2012/2013?). It is a a generous allowance considering it intended for browsing & email only so if you do not use data steaming services or are not a heavy user then there is a good chance you have just never reached the cap before. 🙂

Investigator

When did it change? I cannot get to the origianl document but it was truly unlimited.  Funny how this poster said he did not trust the deal.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/t-mobile-full-monty-actually-unlimited-data-1310161

Unlimited limited to 3gb? I thought they did not reduce the data allowances after the farce in 2011.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @GeorgieBhoy I am not sure I am sorry I can remember it was around 2013? As I was on the full monty plan myself at that time and can remember receiving the notification about it being set to 3gb. Customer service may be able to confirm for sure on 150 from your T-Mobile phone or 07953 966 150 from any other (lines open at 8am). 🙂 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Profile closed @GeorgieBhoy

T-Mobile's Full Monty plans do not have a fair use policy on their unlimited data, it's truly unlimited data. Smiley Happy

More information can be found here, on the Price Plan document for 2013.

It clearly states the following:

"You’ll need internet coverage to use internet on your phone, check it at t-mobile.co.uk/streetcheck. If you’re on a Full Monty plan, you’ll get unlimited use of our internet on your phone service when you’re in the UK. This means no fair use policy will apply."

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Interesting... I was on the £26 full monty plan from 2012-2014 and my data allowance was capped at 3gb. 😞

I never went over the allowance to activate the cap but I received a letter through the post about it and customer service confirmed at the time. 

@James_B @Karen_C @Leanne_T @Lee_H @Richard_C are one of you able to confirm for sure whether data services are unrestricted or there is a fair usage cap set for the T-Mobile Full Monty plans please? 🙂

Investigator

I cannot recall receiving a notification but after 3-4 years....

If it did change in late 2013 it means the terms below did not last long as this was in force in October. Interestingly they specifically mention p2p file sharing as allowed whereas in 2011 they wanted to seperate out streaming.

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/TMUK_PAYM...

I agree 3gb is usually more than adequate for me but this winter my home broadband cuts out when it rains. Damp problem with the local street box apparently. So Amazon streaming is taken up most of the allowance. I had unlimited data contract with 3 which I cancelled last week so this is very annoying.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GeorgieBhoy,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services and they'll be able to check the fair usage allowance for your particular price plan.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Contacted through 150 and they said the text was sent in error as my plan was unlimited. I said it was not just a text and I was prevented from surfing and they said they would raise an action and have that resolved within 24 hours.

They confirmed no fair usage policy applies.

by
EE Employee

Hi @GeorgieBhoy

Glad you got the answers you needed.

If there is anything further you need, please do let us know.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.