by wodnjs13 Investigator
Investigator

Extremely bad signal or none at all in central London

Hi,

I work in central London (EC1M 4DH) and both EE/Virgin users in the building do not get signal(4g) or when we do(on lucky days), the connection is still very weak.

The signal checker always says there is no problem in the area, but this has always been a big issue-we have to go outside to check things. Vodafone users never had any issue with signal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Extremely bad signal or none at all in central London

Hi @wodnjs13 

I’m sorry you are having issues with your signal/reception.  May I ask if your software is updated to the latest version?  You say you e checked the network status checker, but if you are having an issue, I’d advise logging an issue on the same page and speaking with the EE tech team. Xx

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@wodnjs13 , Just to add to what @Watkins07  has written, has it always been bad in the building you are in or is this more recent, as it could be the building causing problems, although if people with Vodafone do not have the same issue, does not make sense.

by wodnjs13 Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, thanks for the reply.

Yes it has always been an issue. We all have to either go outside or towards the windows that face the main road to get any signal. 

And yes i also find it strange that Vodafone users never had any issue, only EE/Virgin/Three users!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's the same where I work. EE signal doesn't seem to like the bomb proof windows and you can barely make a phone call inside. Vodafone is better. Maybe there's a technical reason for this, but not a lot can be done about it.

by wodnjs13 Investigator
Investigator

It is a real shame. i moved to EE from Three(i had an amazing deal with them 30gb for less than 15 quid i think) because I heard that EE provides the best 4G service in the UK, yet i have the same problem! 😕

I also lose signal during busy hours around Farringdon station.

So it sounds like the only option is to switch to Vodafone again?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wodnjs13

Have you spoken to our Tech Gurus about this? They may be able to help you with this.

Chris

by wodnjs13 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply.

Is there an email address or live chat i can do to talk to EE directly?

This is quite frustrating as EE's 4g connection is supposed to be the best but it is actually very unstable in central London. (I work and live in Central London )

My phone is always up to date and is not an old phone either.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @wodnjs13.

You can find the live chat link at the bottom of this help page.

Katie 🙂

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Do you have 4G Calling capable device so your phone can receive 4G on the Band 20/800mhz band which helps with signal indoors? More info here: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-...

Vodafone/O2 use this as their base 4G frequency (as well as 900mhz for 2G/3G) so that's probably why they can receive signal where you are.

EE only use this in certain areas but the coverage checker shows this has excellent 800mhz signal at EC1M 4DH.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.