by bordeline Investigator
Investigator

End of sim only contract

Hi,

my sim only deal 12 month will end in November.. What happens then? do you get a notice from EE  telling you the contract is about to end and what will you be paying ? how early can you renew ? I fear when my contract ends I'll be away and won't be able to negotiate anything .

I believe I had a discount this first year, will I have to pay full price ? 

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: End of sim only contract

EE change their prices and plans every now and then, so there may be better deals in November so unless there's a great deal there now (which there doesn't appear to be)  I'd wait till you're within the standard upgrade window, and give EE a call and discuss your options

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @bordeline At the end of the minimum term it becomes a 1 month rolling contract where you can give 30 days notice to leave.

If you log into MyEE now and click on upgrade, it will tell you the options and dates you can upgrade early for a fee (maybe) or a standard upgrade 45 days before the end of the minimum term.

As for discounts, some come off, some continue. If you are on a good deal now, may be worth seeing what happens. If you aren't around at the end of the minimum term, it just rolls on, you won't be disconnected or anything.

Any questions, ask away!

by bordeline Investigator
Investigator

thank you.

for what I can see now if I was to upgrade I would be paying £5 more and get less gb.

I don't care about the less gb because I never used the 25gb I'm getting now .

will the price change nearer the time? (end of November )

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

EE change their prices and plans every now and then, so there may be better deals in November so unless there's a great deal there now (which there doesn't appear to be)  I'd wait till you're within the standard upgrade window, and give EE a call and discuss your options

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.