Highlighted
by Skewett1
Explorer

Ee mobile broadband router

Can anyone point me to some details of the router that comes with EE mobile broadband 200GB packages. 

I need to know what inputs and outputs there are so I can make sure I can attach home plugs etc to get my connection around my property. 

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES
by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Re: Ee mobile broadband router

The router has:

Two LAN ports for connecting to wired network devices.

Two antenna ports for connecting to an external antenna

USB Port

Please let us know if you need anymore help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Best have a look at https://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/home-broadband/4gee-router/4gee-router-getting-started / INTERACTIVE DEMO / Explore Device & rotate up 1st to see all the ports. Then rotate at your will to see other key features.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Skewett1
Explorer

Thanks for that Peter. I'm assuming therefore that I can plug a switch box of some sort into one then, so I can add more network devices myself. I could use the other one for a power plug connection. Are you able to confirm that it will work in this way.

Also can anyone tell me whether I can plug a VPN connection into one  I work in a University and need to keep some data safe via Nord VPN

THANKS 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Skewett1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has the link provided by @XRaySpeX helped you with this?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

You can plug in an ethernet switch to connect up lots of other wired devices to one of the network ports and keep the other for your homeplugs yes.

VPNs *should* work but I'd wait for others with more experience of this to comment.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.