by Haak Investigator
Investigator

Ee is lying about the amount of data they sell

So i bought a 500MB as packet data yesterday, and today I received a message saying that my data is totally consumed, so I checked my data usage in my phone settings and surprisingly it showed me that since yesterday I only used 147MB, so where the hell is my data that I paid for ???????????

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Employee

Re: Ee is lying about the amount of data they sell

Hi @Haak and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know what type of phone it is that you are using.

Do you have any apps running in the background that maybe using your data?

What is displayed when you pop over to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haak  Wnat device do you have ?  And did you know your device doesn’t report all data usage ?   

Snd what does it say when you click THIS ?  ( turn off WiFi on the device first) 

by Haak Investigator
Investigator

I have Huwei phone running Android OS, and yes I have apps running in the background, but as I said there is the option of checkinc the amount of data consumed in your phone's settings, and the total amount of data with running apps and background apps is 147 MB. 

So, I still have no idea where is my data !?!

by Haak Investigator
Investigator

Hey Chris, 

I use huwei and I know it doesn't show background data, but I'm activiting the data savers mode, where it doesn't allow apps to run in the background

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haak  Does that device report back any advertising that pops up within apps ?   As this is not usually reported as that app data usage but as a separate data usage.   

Click this and what does it say. ?

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

by
EE Employee

Hi @Haak,

Have you double checked that Google play is not auto updating apps in the background?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Haak Investigator
Investigator

Guys, you make no sense at all, imI talking about 500MB in one night ... Stip making excuses. 

And btw, i set all updates on my phone to be done only over wi-fi connection.

CantC you just give me back my data that I paid for ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Haak,

I'm sorry that you have run out of data.

As @Chris_B said, your device doesn't always track all data sent and received over the mobile network.

You'll notice a disclaimer in your data settings that states 'Your carrier may calculate data usage differently from your device' or something similar.

Thanks

James

by Haak Investigator
Investigator

@James_B are serious man ? 

Havn't you read what I wrote ?

First of all I'm on data saver mode, which means no background apps are running.

Secondly, I am talking about 500 Mb in one night, I dont evenhave a facebook app. So i don't consume internet at all. 

Weall of you are making up illogical excuses for this ? I feel more suspicious about this and about the way you are all trying to make it my fault instead of looking into it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haak You’ve come to get back data from a public forum not customer services so we can not do that. 

You asked why and we have gave you a few reasons why that’s not to say that is the reason why.     No one here knows how your device is setup no one here knows what apps you do or do not use on your device.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Haak,

I'm sorry if you feel I was trying to attribute blame, that wasn't my intention.

I just wanted to clarify that your phone won't always track all data it sends and receives over the mobile network.

If you would like someone to take a detailed look at your account, please get in touch and our customer service team will be happy to help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

500 megabytes is not much nowadays. Remember that uploading also counts as that data also goes through the network. Data Saver mode doesn't stop all background data. You need to turn Background Data off to do that. 

I would advise that you turn mobile data off, unless you want to di something specific, and set everything to update over wifi only.

Its also worthwhile checking that your phone isn't set to switch to mobile data when the wifi is weak (Im not sure what the setting is called on your model, but its normally something like: Wifi Assist, Smart Network Switch, Switch to Mobile )

I'd also speak to EE so they can check what's hapoened.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.