by jdtayloruk Investigator
Investigator

Ee customer WiFi in your stores

I couldn’t find a relevant forum. I spotted one of your stores has free WiFi called ee customer which is provided by bt WiFi. Can I just ask whether a new deal between ee and bt with regards to customer access to bt WiFi being included in price plans or what?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ee customer WiFi in your stores

@jdtayloruk: BT WiFi is no longer available free to EE users. You can always buy it yourself from BT Wi-fi: Get wireless Internet .

Even tho' BT now owns EE they still operate as separate firms with diff products & offers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi, the odd thing is bt WiFi is appearing in ee stores as well as ee WiFi so it looks like something is happening in my opinion.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@jdtaylorukwrote:

Hi, the odd thing is bt WiFi is appearing in ee stores as well as ee WiFi so it looks like something is happening in my opinion.

I agree that something has changed. I've found my handset connected to BT WiFi while out and about, nowhere near an EE store. It was very slow so I have needed to manually "forget" the network.

(We have EE broadband at home, so it's not connecting because we are BT subscribers or anything like that).

Investigator

Have you signed up for free access or got the app installed?

Sometimes one sign up is enough to use other free bt WiFi hotspots.

i was told by customer services there were no plans to offer it so this is getting weird. Can one of the mods tell us what’s going on as it’s puzzling.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.