by Will76 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE4g mast location

Hi

I am considering purcashing the 300gb EE 4G home broadband package. Our house is rural and the fibre services offered are inferior to the slow ADSL we currently get.

I get full bar excellent 4g on my phone in the garden. 100mbs+ reliably. However my home has other buildings around it and land contours etc. I get zero EE signal in some parts of my house.

So I'll want to use the EE installed antenna offer, but before I take the plunge on ordering anything I want to investigate where the local masts are so I can ensure there will be good line of sight from my preferred location(s) of potential antenna install.

How can I look up locations of masts nearest my postcode (mastdata.com is not relaible enough for my purposes)

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE4g mast location

Hi @Will76,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you get in touch with our 4GEE Home team on 0800 079 0131, they'll be happy to check the suitability of your property for an external antenna.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion but they were pretty useless. They just wanted to sell me things and didnt even understand my question.

Where can I find out the location of the 4g EE masts nearest to my house?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Will76,

Sorry, we don't have anything online where you can check our mast locations.

Our 4GEE Home Team are the best people to speak to about external antenna installations and should be able to talk you through the process.

If you placed an order, the engineer would complete the final checks and discuss placement with you during the visit.

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Will76 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but they were pretty useless. They just wanted to sell me things and didnt even understand my question.

Where can I find out the location of the 4g EE masts nearest to my house?

The unofficial answer is either mastdata as you've already tried, or potentially (some areas mapped better than others) cellmapper.

If either of those fail to help, then the official answer is, as EE staffers have already pointed out, you can't.

by PhilipL Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

If you can get 100Mb/sec outside your property and there is no bias to anyone side of it then it's not a problem, an external antenna will provide the same sorts of reception and speed.  If you get a drop off in signal one side of your property that indicates it is facing away from the mast.

Also don't forget you may be receiving a signal from 2 or more surrounding masts, in which case all sides of the property may face a mast.

When they do the installation I'm sure they will check and advise on the correct placement of any external antenna.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

DM me your postcode (or one nearby) and I'll check against the tools I have. 

Valued Contributor

have done - thanks

by Maggotsboy

E10 6LT

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.