by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE's Mega 4G masts for Festivals, Events and Shows

EE is very proactive in deploying solutions to ensure high speed mobile data, voice and SMS to events, whether they be stadia or in the middle of a field. 

Here's a video I've produced showing the temporary masts, or CoWs, up close, including Six beam antennas, BTS equipment, triplexors, Backhaul and so on with an RF Schematic.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: EE's Mega 4G masts for Festivals, Events and Shows

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's a shame they can't just wheel a CoW into my area and provide some relief for the many frustrated customers who can't make a phone call on EE. Still, as long as people can facebook live instead of just watching a show, that's ok.

by
EE Employee

Hi @chistery 

Are you having issues in your area and has customer services looked into this for you?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lee_H Yes, it's so bad they will let me out of my contract early if needed, as they don't know how to fix it - a new building is blocking the mast affecting a lot of people in E14.

by
EE Employee

Hi @chistery

Wow, is it that bad situation, out of curiosity can I take the full post code to look further into this for you?

Many thanks,

Lee 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lee_H, sent you a PM!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi chistery

The very thing blocking signal to the area, quite possibly a backhaul obstruction, would likely preclude the ability to deploy a CoW unfortunately. Could you DM a more detailed location so I can look into it more as I am curious.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.