by ArchiePM Investigator
Investigator

EE prime video used 1.3GB of data? Thought it was inclusive

I activated my EE Prime Video and am using it to watch TWD, my understanding was that all data was inclusive meaning it doesn’t come out of ur monthly allowance. However when I check “my usage” it’s saying I’ve used over 1gb of data on Prime Video and my allowance has gone from 12 to 10.6. Am I using my data or is it going to be returned? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE prime video used 1.3GB of data? Thought it was inclusive

Hi @ArchiePM 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

The 'My usage' that you mentioned? Is that in the phone settings? Are you sure that it's actually deducted from your EE data allowance in your My EE account?

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ArchiePM   Your device doesn’t know your getting this data to use without using your allowance data, it just sees data being used.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ArchiePM   Your device doesn’t know your getting this data to use without using your allowance data, it just sees data being used and it can differentiate between the two. 

by ArchiePM Investigator
Investigator

Yes it says my data has gone down on my account page and the EE app I have downloaded. When I check “my add ons” it says I have unlimited data for prime video and says that I have used 2.4 GB this is the same amount that is missing from my allowance though. Thanks 

by ArchiePM Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I figured this is what’s happened, do u know how to fix this 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ArchiePM 

I think what @Chris_B was trying to say is that your phone data counter doesn't know that EE are giving you free data for that app, so it continues to show how much data the app is using. There's no way to change this.

However, from our side, we shouldn't be deducting that data from your allowance in your My EE account/app.

If you think it is being deducted, I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus who'll look into it for you

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.