by tdg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE downgrading some masts?

I've been able to get 4g outdoors where I live in North Devon in the past months and the coverage map confirmed that.  Now the map has changed to say that I can only get 3g.  Even then its touch and go if I am able to use mobile data.  There has been a lot of "maintenance" on the Ilfracombe mast by the number of messages I get.  Fortunately, I have broadband and wi fi calling and many premises have free wifi.  So much for EE expanding 4g coverage.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE downgrading some masts?

Hi @tdg

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I recommend having a chat with our technical support team so that they can look into this a bit further for you.

Please let me know how you got on, once you've spoken to them.

Chris 🙂

Established Contributor

Hi Chris,

Looks like it's another problem with this particular mast.  I think it is just an unstable mast, from the number of messages from My Place it hasn't been right for months and EE are not willing to invest in it for some reason ( maybe because a lot of people have gone over to Vodaphone and its not worth the effort).

"Update on My Place. We've had some reports from people experiencing problems near Driftwood. Our engineers are looking into it, and we'll keep you updated."

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me, @tdg.

Although I understand it you're having issues, I'm glad to see that the engineers are already on top of it and working to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Chris

Established Contributor

The engineers have been, apparently, and I managed to get 4.5 gb over 3g this morning but data service has dropped off again this afternoon!  Also, 4g is no longer available at my location according to EE coverage map.  Looks like change of provider when my contract is up in October.

Established Contributor

Same again today.  Message at 7am to say problem was fixed and managed to get 14.48 down; 0.89 up on 3g, looked encouraging. By middday gone again! When does EE decide when something is beyond repair.  Maybe you should declare it as a voice only mast.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.