by mohammeduk Investigator
Investigator

EE customers are seeing an old website due to change in IPV4 to IPV6 - help!

I need help with the following please EE

We have had a new website done and is working, but users on EE broadband are seeing our old website and I believe this is due to changeover from IPV4 to IPV6, can someone at EE please advise how to get over this issue is there something you can please do at your end so customers on EE get to see our new website.

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE customers are seeing an old website due to change in IPV4 to IPV6 - help!

EE Home BB doesn't use IPv6.

What is the website & how would I know whether it's the old or the new?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: EE customers are seeing an old website due to change in IPV4 to IPV6 - help!

The web address is https://www.arkwrightinsurance.co.uk

The old website has a video playing at the top part of the site 

The new website has a slider images at the top part of the site

Thank you 

Mohammed 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm on EE BB. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by a slider:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mohammeduk 

The problem is how you have coded your website not IPV4/6

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Yes that is the new website are you on ee broadband ?

Investigator

Hi Northerner

Do you have any suggested what part of coding might be affecting it ?

Are u able to advise if someone is on ee 4g if they are seeing my old website 

Thank  you 

Mo

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, I'm on EE BB.

Your problem is not with IPvn but with EE's DNS. It must be still pointing at your old site. I don't use EE DNS; haven't done for ages.

Your EE Home BB users should be able to get round this issue by switching the DNS in the router away from EE's ones to Manual with 1 of these public DNS:

OpenDNS   :	208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS:	8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 
Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 Norton DNS: 198.153.192.40 & 198.153.194.40 

Investigator

Thank you XraySpex 

Do you have EE mobile if so would you please able to try the site using 4g or 3g data and not wifi? as some of customers have found this to be a problem also but only when they are on EE and SKY network.

From what you are saying every customer would have to change their DNS settings on their router which is a big thing to do.

Not sure EE technical department could help at all

Thank you 

Mo

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, but it seems OK from an O2 mobile, altho' in this view nothing slides.

Yes, all your users will need to change the DNS in their routers. It not an enormous thing to do:

For BrightBox routers: Login & go to Basic tab & fill in a public DNS pair from my previous table:

DNS IP Address
Manual

Primary DNS
Secondary DNS

For Smart Hub routers: Login & go to Advanced Settings / Broadband & fill in a public DNS pair from my previous table:

DNS Type:                 o Auto    @ Manual

Primary DNS:          

Secondary DNS:     

Either that or wait for the EE DNS to catch up.

Investigator

Hi XraySpex 

Thank you again 

I think we will have to wait for EE to catch up as wifi users are fine on EE but issue is there for 4g on EE.

Not sure how we are to tell general public who use 4g on EE or sky home broadband to change dns settings 

If you have any further info please share it with us but you have been a great help

Thank you 

Mo

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, are you now saying that this only affects users accessing your site from EE mobile phones? As I thought previously you were referring to EE BB, DNS might not be the answer but IPV6

Investigator

Hi XraySpex 

Sorry I mislead you my bad I mentioned about broadband but owner of the site poked me and said its only EE users using mobiles and when they have their 4g data on.  On wifi it's fine

If it is ipv6 what can be done please ?

Thank you 

Mo

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mohammeduk : It might just be an EE IPv6 issue. Recently EE introduced IPv6 on its network, but it doesn't fall-back to IPv4 nicely.

1. Make your website IPv6 compliant, or
  2. Get your users to change the Profile/APN on their EE devices to APN Protocol = IPv4 only if it is possible.

Investigator

Hi XraySpex 

Thank you have been really helpful 

Thank you

Mohammed 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Investigator

Hi XraySpex 

Thank you have been really helpful 

Thank you

Mohammed 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @mohammeduk ,

I have just tested it on my mobile and the page does not come up on 4G but works on my IPad and works via WiFi on both.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.