by TheEEGuy1 Investigator
Investigator

EE band 20 use

I'm just wondering why EE don't really use band 20 a lot as the EE network isn't amazing indoors as I hardly ever get signal. My serving mast has B7 and B3 on it surely it wouldn't hurt to add band 20?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: EE band 20 use

Hi @TheEEGuy1,

B20 is deployed widely in certain areas. As it is 5MHz bandwidth, it is actually only beneficial in a specific set of circumstances and is therefore assessed on a case by case basis. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Investigator

I don't have WiFi unfortunately 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TheEEGuy1   As much as band 20 will probably help you band 20 will only be made available depending on demand for it.   Band 20 has a wider rage and is better for wall penetration but if there are not many user that will benefit from the location of that mast it’ll not be installed ( yet ) 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @TheEEGuy1,

B20 is deployed widely in certain areas. As it is 5MHz bandwidth, it is actually only beneficial in a specific set of circumstances and is therefore assessed on a case by case basis. 

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thanks for the reply @Peter_C,

So generally speaking if you want a network which has excellent coverage indoors for most of the population you'd be better off on o2 or Vodafone? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I have contracts with all four networks but use EE as my main SIM across all my travels. 

I agree with the national benchmarks that show EE as distinctly the best network. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Indoor coverage is determined by a panacea of factors, low band spectrum deployment is but one...

It's not hard to find places with EE indoor coverage but not other operator (s). 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.