by Ronen
Explorer

EE and Data scam.

WARNING EE SCAM

EE has scammed me of my data usage. Turned data usage off all my apps except safari, Wi-Fi assist off, only turn data usage on when I need it but despite all this browsing the internet with no Video downloads for just 3hrs has cost me 2G of my data allowance. I am having to send this message from a 3 sim as if I sent it from my EE sim im afraid it will use all my remaining 2G of data. 

When I called EE they were v patronising, TELLING me to do things I allread know and have done. Then they said it was just my phone lol, 3 dose not use half the amount of data as EE on the same phone.

All I can say is I can't wait for my contract with EE to end 

Many people are in the same predicament and EE is not prepared to even look into the matter.

WARNING EE SCAM

WARNING EE SCAM

WARNING EE SCAM

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE and Data scam.

@Ronen  Telling you to try things with the device that you already have is not patronising they have to ask and go through a few thing with you don't forget you called them they don't know what you've tried. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Your device will use data regardless of disabling apps as the OS uses location services and periodically reports back as do apps. You are also browsing the Internet so all safari related services will be using the Internet as will location specific adverts services. You don't need to download videos to use data. 

As for the suggestion 3 uses half the data then this is subjective and have you considered that 3 maybe just poor at data monitoring /reporting so you are using the same amount it's just EE are more accurate? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ronen
Explorer

You're right, it's not patronising, just silly they suggest to solve a problem with a solution that they have just been informed has already been tried and poor service that this problem is not being sorted when lots of customers have the same problem. V poor QUALITY OF CARE!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ronen,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

When attempting to resolve technical issues our agents will take you through diagnostics in a particular order to help you resolve the issue.

Even if you have tried some of the steps, some may need to be repeated to rule out particular problems.

We don't have any known issues with data reporting at the moment, but if you think your allowances are showing incorrectly, please get in touch with customer services and our technical team will be happy to take another look at it for you.

Thanks

James

by sm4
Visitor

There are definitely issues with your data. Numerous people I have spoken to on EE run out of data very quickly and they don't believe it can be true. I used to have 2gb a month and not run out but now I have 10gb I run out nearly every month and I wouldn't say I use my phone much more. My partner on o2 never runs out of data and uses his phone for sat nav for work using 4G and never connects to the internet at home. So there is clearly something wrong here. Will not be staying with EE when my contract finishes. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @sm4

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

It's not necessarily how we use our phone that changes it can be the apps we use that change and affect data usage.

Sat Nav uses very minimal data but things such as Facebook - that used to use very little data now use a lot more because of things like videos in your news feed.

Also capabilities on the phones have changed, you have to consider things like background data, video/streaming quality and WiFi assist.

You can do so much more on our phones now and we rely on them a lot more, which has a massive impact on data usage.

There's lots of data manager apps available and there's settings on the phones so you can control what uses data and when.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Mr_p2000
Explorer

Have to say I agree with you we did a test last night all other devices off except iPhone 7 + 20mins of Netflix film cost 2GB!.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Mr_p2000

Thanks for coming here.

We have a support article on How much internet data you are using on EE.

If you would like us to look into this further please get in touch with our technical support team.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Mr_p2000 and what quality did you have the video stream on for Netflix?

by Mr_p2000
Explorer

Standard definition. From the test it appeared a different amount of data was used after a top of data was purchased i.e. EE recognised the purchase as being an emergency purchase due to the monthly data allowance being used up. The data usage is then calculated at a premium rate so you are effectively using that data more quickly resulting in further purchases of data allowance. Watchdog or an independent co should test the data usage and publish results under different conditions from straight video streaming to hotspot streaming on multiple devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.