by 1irishninja Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE Signal box no signal on 1 phone?

Here is a weird one.  Myself and son both have an iPhone 6S, EE sent me a signal box as I was having no signal at home.  I connected all up still no signal, they activated it and said the lights would stop flashing, well the lights stopped and still no signal, my son, however, is sitting with full bars. I turned the phone on and off etc no difference.

Baffled?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE Signal box no signal on 1 phone?

@1irishninja. Why are you not using WiFi calling ?  It’s built in to the device and you just need to enable it.   Setting>Phone>WiFi Calling.   You don’t need the signal box at all. 

by 1irishninja Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep I know all about wifi calling, even with a 50mb connection is would drop calls and break up so this is there latest idea to try.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The signal box is an an open femto so any device capable of 3G with an EE SIM can use it. However, it has a simultaneous device limit so potentially neighbours or other nearby devices are connecting before your phone is able to and therefore yours is rejected.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @1irishninja,

Can you try turning off WiFi calling and 4G on your phone and let me know if you can connect?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions