by webplus500
Explorer

EE PAYG Standard Data Rates

Could someone please tell me what the cost is to use EE Data with a PAYG SIM on Standard Rates? The website shows the per text and per call cost, but nothing about Data.

I'm aware of Data Allowances and Packs, but what would I be charged without an allowance if I just need to check email quickly or check something in an app very occasionally, so anything from 10KB up to a MB or two?

Spent almost 3 hours trying to find this information, but there doesn't seem to be anything anywhere on the site.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE PAYG Standard Data Rates

It would have redirected you to http://add-on.ee.co.uk , which is within the EE network before the Net, offering to sell you a data Add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no PAYG unit data rate. You have to buy a Pack or Add-on to use data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by webplus500
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. What would happen if I tried to do something that needed a data connection, would it fail or would £1 be deducted from my credit to automatically give me the data like the older £1 per day PAYG data rates?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It would have redirected you to http://add-on.ee.co.uk , which is within the EE network before the Net, offering to sell you a data Add-on.

by webplus500
Explorer

OK, thank you. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE do everything they can to mislead customers into buying add-ons and say you can't roam without them.

On the pay monthly price guide they say "To use data whilst roaming abroad you’ll need to purchase a Data Pass". Not true. You can pay per MB, you just need to call and opt out of add-ons.

I would assume it's the same for PAYG. It took me three calls, and an escalation to sort this last time on PAYM, but they did compensate me for their incompetence. If you only need a few MB of data, it makes sense to do this.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chistery  It's not the same as payg as payg users can not use packs abroad and if they are not using pack in the UK they have to purchase data bundles to use data in the U.K. and these are not usable abroad.  Yes you can opt out of using add ons abroad for contract customers and you will be charged as you said per  megabyte, 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.