by Jdie Investigator
Investigator

EE Network cant find dyndns url?

Hi Everyone,

I have been on a chat with EE technical and they cant give a real answer to this question.

If i am on any WiFi network i can go to and see a dyndns url

If i switch off WiFi the phone via safari will not find the same url, its as iff it doesnt exist.

The reason im using a dyndns is because i have installed a CCTV system that has an app for remote viewing. The ISP changes the external IP sporadically so i use a dyndns url that updates the IP and negates the issue.

I have a phone on the Three network that the dyndns work perfectly on via 3G, 4G or Wifi. I can ping the dyndns url and get a perfect response via laptop or desktop.

So i know the CCTV is setup correctly, the dyndns is working but it will not work on EE mobile data.

The app has mobile data enabled on the iphone and mobile data roaming is switched on.

Can anyone help please or is EE just not compatible? (i struggle to beleive this is the case)

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE Network cant find dyndns url?

Hi @Jdie.

Has this worked on the EE Network in the past?

Do you get any error messages when trying to use the EE Network?

Jon

by Jdie Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon,

Im not sure if it has worked previously as this was  a new install but it definatley seems to be EE related as i can ping the dyndns address and get a reply with the correct IP.

by

Thanks for getting back to me @Jdie.

Have you been able to contact the provider of the CCTV system to make them aware of this?

There may be something they can change to allow the system to work on our network on IPv4 and IPv6.

Let me know how you get on.

Jon

by Jdie Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon,

The unit has an internal ipv4 and ipv6 address, the external IP address is changeable hence the need for a dyndns url to direct external devices to the correct IP address.

Every device i have tested works perfectly, so far only EE data and Virgin Mobile Data will not. Im guessing Virgin Mobile use the EE network

by

I see @Jdie.

Unless another user can suggest anything else my best advice would be to contact our customer service team over the phone.

There may be something that needs to be changed in your account settings.

Jon

by Jdie Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Jon.

I have already spent over an hour this morning talking on chat to the technical team and they had no answer other than i may need to change provider.

I have just used the MX Tool DNS Lookup tool on line on an EE device on the 4G network and it does not see the DNS, do the same thing on a Three network phone and it finds it straight away.

by

I've been reading some other threads about this @Jdie.

One suggestion could be the connection between CGNAT and IPv6.

The recommended fix for this would be to contact the CCTV company and see if they can provide a workaround.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.