by RodaTel Investigator
Investigator

EE Data Sim not working with a D-link DWR-953

Hello, 

I have an EE Sim that works fine in a phone or any other 4G router exept the D-link DWR-953. I have also tried other EE Sim cards and still nothing. Other networks work fine in this router and D-link say they have other customers who have this working fine. I have had the router replaced by D-link and have the exact same issue. 

When manually entering the APN settings from the drop down menu i get the options for Orange and T-mobile but no EE. I have also entered the current settings for EE in both the Orange and T-mobile options as well as the old APN settings for both networks and still i am getting no signal. 

Has anyone else had/seen this before? D-link seem to thing the issue on the EE/sim card side of things. 

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by bg_darren Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: EE Data Sim not working with a D-link DWR-953

Thanks for that, after managing to find an unlocked phone...

Guess what "..and you're on an Orange plan". This is for 78 Data only cards

what a Joke, the sim is EE branded. My bill is EE branded.

BT/EE everything has to be a cluster f**k!

21 REPLIES 21
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can D-Link explain why there is no APN drop-down for EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @RodaTel

Is there an option when setting the APN up to select IPV4 or IPV6?

Many thanks,

Lee

by RodaTel Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

There is no option to select either when setting up the APN. 

Also D-link have said this is not an issue they have had before, selecting t-mobile or orange and entering the ee apn settings works with others. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @RodaTel

Can I get you to try changing a option in the settings menu for APN, is there an option for reconnect mode, If there is can you select it for 3G?

I'm trying to rule out a few things 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by RodaTel Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee, 

There is a Reconnect Mode, but only lets me choose between Manual and Auto. Nothing new comes up when i select Manual. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @RodaTel

If you select manual and then try to connect to the web does anything happen?

Many thanks,

Lee

by RodaTel Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee, 

No, nothing unfortunately 😞

by
EE Employee

Hi @RodaTel,

It does sound like you may need to speak to D-Link again to see if they can assist to double check everything in your device.

When you speak to them, as if they can assist and help you set the device as IPV4 only to see if this works.

I can't think of anything else that may be causing issues.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by guyspot

Hi RodaTel,

I have just purchased a DWR-953 and have the same issue. Did you manage to solve your problem?

Many thanks,

Guy

by Stewebbo
Visitor

I too have just purchased the same DWR-953 and cannot get any 4G signal using a EE 4G data sim. I have a EE mifi device and the sim works fine in that so I know it is activated. 

Ive updated the dlink firmware. Still no good. I have tried various APN settings with no success.

wish I’d have googled this before purchasing!! Has anyone had any luck? Back to O2 tomorrow otherwise. 

Investigator

D-link have release beta software for the device to solve the EE problem. released 25/10/2018
"BETA version for EE connection issue only"

https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dwr-953-wireless-ac1200-4g-lte-router?revision=eu_revb#downloads

Bad News - It still doesn't work!
The EE options is there, the APN (everywhere, u: eescure, p: secure) details appear correct. but still absolutely no connection. I put my work o2 sim in it and it works perfectly.

Investigator

syslog error

APN set for EE generates...

“It’s not the same operator!!, simOp=Orange UK, campOp=EE, imse=234335501629403, devPimn=23430”

"Device and SIM mcc/mnc compare fail, do search mcc/mnc table!!ret=0,imsi=234335501629403, devPimn=23430"

changing the APN to Orange makes no difference. get the same error.

The strange thing is, I've never been with Orange, my EE sims were new to EE only, but when I phone their support and enter the mobile number it always IDs as an 'orange number' and I get put through to their support and then they have to put through to another department. Shambles

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bg_darren: Text NUMBER to 150. It'll tell you whether the SIM is on EE or Orange.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator
Solution

Thanks for that, after managing to find an unlocked phone...

Guess what "..and you're on an Orange plan". This is for 78 Data only cards

what a Joke, the sim is EE branded. My bill is EE branded.

BT/EE everything has to be a cluster f**k!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bg_darren

Thanks for coming here.

Where did you get the SIM cards from?

Are they pay as you go?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

EE Business Account directly from EE  started in 2015 - currently 79 data sims on our account. I've raised this with my account manager now.

I've just did a search for "Orange" in  both the EE Business Agreement I signed in 2015 and the 2017 and it's not mentioned once... 😕

by

I see thanks @bg_darren

Is this your account manager with us?

If so, they will be the best people to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

by paulwoodsy

Did this D-link DWR-953 router issue ever get resolved? I too have just purchased the same router, upgraded to the latest version which should supposedly fix the EE connectivity issue...it does not. 

Any advice is much appreciated.

by

Good Morning @paulwoodsy.

Welcome to the community 🙂

What is happening when you try to connect using this new router?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.