by cra1g3vans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE Data Gibraltar

Read more

Hello,

I was in the UK over Christmas and my data was working fine, i'm now in Gibraltar and my data was working at first but now it's stopped working. I've spoken with the network provider in Gibraltar and they said they will run some tests but everything should be fine this end with EE.

Would someone be able to advise what might be the best option for me? or would i be able to get a link to do a live chat to see if there are any restrictions on my plan?

I know i haven't hit my limit yet and I've reset my data, restarted phone etc but nothing has worked. It's wierd because it's just my data, i can still call and send text messages.

Thanks,

Craig

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Employee

Re: EE Data Gibraltar

Hi @cra1g3vans and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please try to use any network other than Orange ES.

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi @Lee_H,

I can call and text UK numbers fine (just spoke with my sister). It's just the data for some reason.

In Gibraltar there is a couple of providers Gibtelecom and YOIGO. I can't use Data on either of them.

I have just managed to connect to Vodafone ES but it's slow connection. The problem about connecting the data with a spanish provider is that the internet randomly drops out and i can't get the full 4G. 

I'm just not sure if i'm being restricted for just Gibraltar. Do you know if there is any issues with data in Gibraltar?

Thanks,

Craig

by
EE Employee

Hi @cra1g3van

Have you been able to pick up any other Spanish network other than Vodafone?

Have you tried turning the 4G down to 3G?

Let me know if that helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi @Lee_H,

The only networks i can get are Gibtele, VOIGO and Vodafone ES.

The other providers are Movistar, 26609, Orange SP but they all have (Forbidden) written behind them. 

Vodafone ES is the only one that works but the connection is slow weather i have preferred network on 3G or 4G.

Thanks,

Craig

by
EE Employee

Hi @cra1g3vans

Are you picking up any speeds when you move over to 3G on Gibtele?

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi @Lee_H,

When i used 3G and connected to Gibtele i wasn't getting data. I still got signal so i could call out and text, but i couldn't get data.

Thanks,

Craig

by
EE Employee

Hi @cra1g3vans

This is very unusual, how long has this issue been going on for?

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi @Lee_H

This has been like this for the last couple of days. I can connect when i'm in Spain, but when i come back into Gibraltar it goes off.

Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks,

Craig

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cra1g3vans  Have you tried just restarting the device?  

Established Contributor

Hi @Chris_B

Yes i've restarted the device a couple of times hoping.

Thanks,

Craig 

by
EE Employee

Hi @cra1g3vans

We have not had any reports of any issues whilst in Gibralter, it could be a localised fault.

Please keep an eye on this and let us know how you get on in the next couple of days.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.