by jay-ell Investigator
Investigator

Does the EE Video Pass include accessing the services via their web page?

The blurb on the EE Video Pass states

"The EE Video Data Pass will cover the data you use when you're streaming content e.g the show you've chosen to watch from one of the selected video apps covered."

Notice that it says "e.g" suggesting that there are other ways to access the content.

Does this mean that the pass also covers accessing the Video Services through their web pages rather than their apps?  Does it also include YouTube video that has been embedded into other web pages?

If I have my laptop or tablet connected through my phones hotspot will the EE Video Pass also include the data used accessing Prime Video, iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, etc from the laptop/tablet (either from an app or from a web page) as I prefer to watch on a larger screen?

Is there a cap on the amount of video I can watch?

Is there any restrictions on resolution (e.g. 4K)?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does the EE Video Pass include accessing the services via their web page?

@jay-ell   The service is meant to be used on the device that has the Sim card in it and that apps on that device.   Whilst you can hotspot to your device and watch the content via a different device if you use data doing this then you know why.  The content streamed will be how that content is provided.    Not sure which one of the apps provide 4K though.    Providing you have data left from your allowance you can stream as much as you want.   You just need data from within your tariff to get the free streaming. 

by jay-ell Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B Thanks for a speedy response,  I'm not clear on what you mean by "The content streamed will be how that content is provided"  as the content can be streamed to the app or the web page.

The 4k would have been to the browser on the laptop.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @jay-ell,

Welcome to the community

The information you have received from @Chris_B is great 🙂

The Video Data Pass is set up to use with apps on your Android or iOS device. 

We will not stop you from tethering other devices to your mobile device. However, the EE Video Data Pass is not designed for this type of use and so we cannot guarantee that any data you use when tethering will be zero rated.

Not all use of the Content Apps will be zero rated. Viewing certain additional content in the Content Apps will decrement from your Plan’s data allowance. Examples of this are adverts, advertising metrics, metadata, news articles, general browsing, images and content (including videos) from third party apps or websites accessed using the Content Apps, or uploading your own content.

Alex 🙂

by jay-ell Investigator
Investigator

@Alex_Sthanks for the reply.  So if I want to watch Amazon Prime Video on a larger screen usinga  separate device tethered to my phone might use my data allowance instead of the pass. OK got it.

Would using Dex on a Samsung phone to watch the app on a monitor work with the pass?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jay-ell,

If you are still watching the content via the relevant app on your phone, your data will be covered by the Video Pass.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.