by KeepTriin
Explorer

Does EE provide any frequency based coverage maps?

Does anyone know anywhere that I can find a breakdown of UK data coverage by frequency/band? Taking 4g as an example, I know that 800MHz/band 20 is widely used in rural areas as it carries better over distance. I know that 2600MHz/band 7 is widely used in urban areas and penetrates buildings better than band 20. I'd like to be able to see the scope of UK coverage in the various frequency bands. I think the coverage maps on the provider's websites are the aggregate coverage of all bands. In a nutshell:

- what's the UK 4G coverage as a map by EE at 800MHz/band 20?

what's the UK 4G coverage as a map by EE at 1800MHz/band 3?

what's the UK 4G coverage as a map by EE at 2600MHz/band 7?

I'd also like to see similar maps for the 2G/3G bands if possible. Guess this might be business confidential information though.

Why? 1) I'm curious. 2) I have a phone that doesn't support band 20 and wonder how extensive the rural coverage will be when I go camping.

(Why have I got a phone that doesn't support band 20 - that's another question Smiley Wink)

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Does EE provide any frequency based coverage maps?

Hello @KeepTriin no they do not but if you enter a compatible devices details in the Coverage Checker it will include EE 800mhz 4G coverage:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage

🙂

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@tm90 I've never got the map to show 800 coverage. It currently incorrectly puts the 800 'score' in though even if you haven't selected a 4G Calling device. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is it not properly working now? Hardly surprising with EE. Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions