by Rob177 Investigator
Investigator

Does EE block some apps?

I am unable to view my CCTV on the EE network. I can view it on my 3 network device & via WiFi. Also I am unable to connect to my VPN on EE. These all used to work fine until a sim update. I have called EE but they tell me to “contact my network administrator”....that would be me!!

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does EE block some apps?

Which EE network? What network is the CCTV connected to? Which device are you trying to view it from, on which network & from where?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rob177 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I don’t really understand your questions but here’s my best stab..

EE mobile network UK

CCTV is connected to my home network on talktalk & access is via DYN dns.

trying to view from IPhone 6s on EE 4G network from UK

i can access the cctv from my iPad that has a 3 mobile network SIM card..

I have heard that EE block some ports??

thanks,

rob

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's right :)!

A CCTV located on a home BB LAN should be viewable from anywhere outside when addressed by its DDNS domain.

EE block no ports but do you need to open some CCTV's ports across the TT router?

Can you view the CCTV from some device connected to your TT router's LAN, such as the iPhone or iPad connected to TT router's WiFi?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rob177 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, yes, I am able to view CCTV via LAN on all devices connected to the same WiFi.

i have been able to view CCTV & use my VPN via 4G until only recently, then it just stopped working..but I have an iPad that has a 3 network card & that can access it fine, suggesting that there is something in EE that is blocking it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Recently, eh? Might be an EE IPv6 issue. Recently EE introduced IPv6 on its network, but it doesn't fall-back to IPv4 nicely. Can you change the Profile/APN on your EE devices to APN Protocol = IPv4 only?

by Rob177 Investigator
Investigator

Happy to try that, how do I change it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, don't know your devices. Look for an APN somewhere under Mobile Networks.

Sorry, don't think you can on Apples.

by Rob177 Investigator
Investigator

iPhone 6s

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rob177,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX said, it could be that your CC TV system doesn't support IPv6 devices.

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of your system to see if they have a software update available to enable IPv6 support.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Please, @James_B , I never said that! If you're gonna point the finger, the blame lies with the EE mobile network not the CCTV system!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XRaySpeX,

I've seen a few issues with VPN's, that were having trouble connecting via IPv6 enabled services, resolved with software updates by the providers.

I wondered if there might be a similar issue for this particular CC TV system.

Just trying to cover all bases. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions