by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

Disabled Customer

As I'm disabled and mostly housebound I've found I'm going through my 50GB allowance quite quickly is it possible to increase the allowance without paying an extortionate amount 

13 REPLIES 13
by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Disabled Customer

Regards
Tony
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TC442  You can increase the amount but it will come at a cost, give customer services a call and see what they can do for you. 

by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, tried them but it goes up to £60 or £120 which is quite a jump up

Regards
Tony
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TC442,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Chris_B.

Please get in touch with customer services and they'll help you find a plan better suited to your needs.

Home Broadband package might be a suitable option.

James

by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

Hi
Stuck with mobile as only option the cabinet I’m linked to is fibre enabled but we are too far away to benefit with no plans to upgrade

Regards
Tony
by

Hi @TC442,

Have you checked to see if you can get standard broadband if fibre isn't available?

Thanks

James

by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

Yes the signal best was 0.5

Regards
Tony
by

Hi @TC442,

Hopefully the broadband infrastructure in your area will be improved in the future.

In the meantime, it would be a case of upgrading your plan or reducing your data usage. There are a few things you can do to reduce your data usage, such as streaming video/music in lower quality and turning off automatic updates on your devices.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your landline phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number/address. If you don't have a landline, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

May I see the BT Checker table? I may be able to advise further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

BT said our village would get fibre but they didn't say cabinet 10 dringhouses would be enabled but we are too far away to improve the speed of 0.5 which we've been getting.
0.5 was in my contract but we put up with it because fibre was coming, now it isn't mobile broadband is the only option that gives a decent signal but wanted to see if I can improve on 50GB as my disability leaves me housebound and extra data is expensive

Regards
Tony
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Cab 10 has had Fibre since Oct 2012. If you would post that BT Checker, I'll explain further.

by TC442 Investigator
Investigator

I know it’s fibre enabled but we are too far away to get it and there are no plans to enable us to get it

Regards
Tony

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.