by random21 Investigator
Investigator

Dell Latitude E7490 - DW5811e snapdragon X7 LTE - Internet traffic stops flowing

Dell Latitude E7490 - DW5811e snapdragon X7 LTE - Internet traffic stops flowing after 30/60 seconds. If I disconnect and reconnect it starts to flow again. 

This laptop/mobile broadband card had been working perfectly well with an O2 SIM for several months.

The connection dosn't drop, it shows connected the whole time, its just that programs IE, Chrome, Outlook, etc stop being able to communicate with the internet after 30 to 60 seconds. If I reconnect it works again for another 30 to 60 seconds.

Any help greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Dell Latitude E7490 - DW5811e snapdragon X7 LTE - Internet traffic stops flo

Good Afternoon @random21.

Welcome to the community.

Is this happening within one area? you can check to see if there is any known problems by using our Network Status Checker.

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by random21 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Dell Latitude E7490 - DW5811e snapdragon X7 LTE - Internet traffic stops flo

No, the problem occurs in every location

by

Hi @random21,

Do you have another phone/device that you could test the SIM in?

Thanks

James

by random21 Investigator
Investigator

I was looking at the issue last night and it looks like it's something to do with the IPV6 configuration. 

The EE SIM only works with IPV6. When the connection is first made I can go to a command prompt and type 'ping news.bbc.co.uk' and it resolve the name to a IPV6 address and I will get a steady response. after 30 to 60 seconds if I type the same command the name (news.bbc.co.uk) resolves to and IPV4 address and I don't get any responses (IPV4 address isn't being routed over the EE cellular connection as it only uses IPV6 addressing).

Hopefully this might shed some more light on the issue

by

Thanks for the extra detail @random21

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer to see if there are any settings you need to change for your laptop to work with IPv6 enabled networks.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.