Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
Highlighted
by
Investigator

Day 4 and still no mobile connection

I'm at my witts end now, No mobile phone service since Monday evening and it's now Thursday. 

Here's the weird part, my son and I share the same contract yet his phone started to work from yesterday evening but mine still does not. 

Can someone please help?

4 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Day 4 and still no mobile connection

Hi @MarinaEE and welcome to the community

Have you tried popping your device off and back on to see if this assists with your connection.

Was there an issue in your area which caused your loss of service.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

Hi Lee,

You name it, I've done it. It's an iPhone5c, the CARRIER suddenly seems to be amiss from the SETTINGS so EE tech support adivised I erase phone back to factory settings and re activate, however it wouldnt reactivate so they advised me to call Apple, Apple support advised I re-boot and then Restore via ITunes however this has now failed too with the warning The "iPhone" could not be restored, this device isn't eligible for the requested build.

So now my phone is useless, at least before all this advice I was able to use wifi, now my phone cannot be accessed into at all.

I'm at a loss

by
Investigator

I've just spoken with anothe Apple support person and he just said that EE should'nt have advised to Erase and reset phone whilst its not connected to the network. This why I have this issue now. 

The only thing now he says is for me to go into Apple store and see if they can fix it but expects not from his experience, he thinks I will have to purchase a new phone. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MarinaEE,

This does sound very strange, please do let me know how you get on when you pop into an Apple store.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.