by Epsonny Investigator
Investigator

Data usage

ADVICE NEEDED: Can you advise why my daughter who has 2GB data each month always manages to use this up before the month is out. I also have the same data and we both use internet, social medial, emails etc. but I never go over my data.  It would be great to understand what uses up the data each month and to have visibility of how this is made up to give us a better understanding. When she is in the home she is always on WiFi. Thanks you

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data usage

Your phone's Mobile Data settings should show which apps use how much data.

Make sure you config it to restrict background processes & only do updates over WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Data usage

Hi @Epsonny,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

In addition to @XRaySpeX's great advice, here are a couple of posts that will help you understand what could be causing your daughter to use more data than yourself.

How much internet data are you using on EE?

Keeping track of your data on EE pay monthly.

It's also worth getting in touch with customer services so they can help you find a plan better suited to your daughter's needs.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.