by kateqtnz Investigator
Investigator

Data top up if gifting not possible

How do I buy more data outside of it getting gifted to me if I'm not the account holder?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Data top up if gifting not possible

Hi @kateqtnz.

If there is a restriction from the account holder that stops you buying data, you won't be able to find a way around this I'm afraid.

If you're a password holder, you can contact our Customer Care team who may be able to help you.

Jon

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when not connected to WiFi offer you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kateqtnz Investigator
Investigator

It says that I’m blocked from buying data add ons .... 😞

by kateqtnz Investigator
Investigator

Any ideas? Can anyone help please?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're blocked from buying data add-ons. Have a word with the a/c holder. They must have put a block on you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kateqtnz Investigator
Investigator

OK. Thank you. Problem is though that I can't get hold of him and no one has heard from him in weeks. I had no idea he had full control over my phone account. Crazy ....

So .... there is absolutely no other way apart from him either gifting me some or unblocking me? Is that seriously the only two options available to me?

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @kateqtnz.

If there is a restriction from the account holder that stops you buying data, you won't be able to find a way around this I'm afraid.

If you're a password holder, you can contact our Customer Care team who may be able to help you.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.