by locolomo Investigator
Investigator

Data sharing/gifting

I have a phone on a 20gb plan and my kids each have a phone on a 5gb plan that I manage on my account. I never use my 20gb, but the idea is (as explained over and over again to EE staff) that I can give my kids extra data when they need it, while maintaining some control over it so my daughter doesn't whiz through all the data as she is the biggest user.  I spent months trying to get EE to tell me the best way to do this, receiving contradictory advice at every turn.  Thought it was resolved, though as my daughter had an obscure phone model not compatible with 4g she was unable to use data anyway. Now she has a new phone so I have been checking on My EE how to gift data to her, but I don't seem to be able to. My plan says data is shared - though I only have one device and don't need to share data. There is no "family usage" option which I gather is what is needed to gift data. Have EE put me on yet another unsuitable plan?  

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data sharing/gifting

@locolomo  The word share in your plan is now standard as you need to be able to share the data to gift it.    

Are you using the MyEE app when you try to gift data.  ?  Is your my EE app up to date ? 

by locolomo Investigator
Investigator

Yes I'm using MyEE and it's up to date

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@locolomo  So you do not see these (  circled in yellow ) 

4008B5EC-679B-4D56-BCD9-B66B2950758B.jpeg

Have you tried logging out of the app, deleting the app then restart the device and then re-download the app and signing in again to the app. 

by locolomo Investigator
Investigator

Just deleted and reinstalled app. Still no "manage family" button and where your pic says "family usage" mine says "current usage". Can't screenshot for security reasons. I can look at my kid's phone usage by going into top left menu though.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @locolomo

Thanks for posting on the community.

To help you with this, I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.