by markpearce26 Investigator
Investigator

Data roaming

I have EU data included in my plan.

Dies this come out of my normal allowance or is it in addition.

Only asking as I think I will not have enough 'UK' data left when I go away.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Data roaming

@markpearce26 That will depend on what EE plan you are on and when your started it.

If you are on a 4G EE Max plan, then yes all your calls, texts and data will come out of your existing allowances (upto a maximum of 15Gb of data if your UK data allowance is higher than that).

If you are on a standard 4G EE plan, then you only get 500Mb of EU data to use each month.

4G EE Essential plans don't come with any EU roaming allowances at all, however, you can add a travel roaming add-on which costs from £3 a day (see below).

Those 3 EE plans launched on 17th August 2016, if you had your plan before that date, you are on an older legacy EE plan.  If you are on an older legacy EE plan (EE Extra for example) then whilst calls and texts may be included in your UK allowances, data isn't and you will need the EE travel data add-on which includes 500Mb data for £3 extra each day.

15 REPLIES 15
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed is the one to ask here. He will hopefully be along soon enough to answer your question.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

@markpearce26 That will depend on what EE plan you are on and when your started it.

If you are on a 4G EE Max plan, then yes all your calls, texts and data will come out of your existing allowances (upto a maximum of 15Gb of data if your UK data allowance is higher than that).

If you are on a standard 4G EE plan, then you only get 500Mb of EU data to use each month.

4G EE Essential plans don't come with any EU roaming allowances at all, however, you can add a travel roaming add-on which costs from £3 a day (see below).

Those 3 EE plans launched on 17th August 2016, if you had your plan before that date, you are on an older legacy EE plan.  If you are on an older legacy EE plan (EE Extra for example) then whilst calls and texts may be included in your UK allowances, data isn't and you will need the EE travel data add-on which includes 500Mb data for £3 extra each day.

Investigator

Thanks for the reply.

I am on the 4gee plan and get the 500mb of eu data.

I just wanted to check if this was separate to my 1gb of normal data.

by
EE Employee

Hi @markpearce26 and welcome to the Community.

Just to add onto the brilliant post from @Profile closed, yes 500mb is on top of your allowance.

Enjoy your trip.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

by
EE Community Support Team

I'm glad you were able to get the information you needed in the community @markpearce26. Smiley Happy

by Kolcz Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

So just to make it clear, if my data allowance in UK is 7GB (Max Plan) and let's say I used 3 GB in UK and then I'm going aboard for holiday so I got 4 GB left to use aboard or I'm starting using 7GB of fresh roaming data till I come back (within 30 days) ?

Kind Regards,

Matt

by

Good morning @Kolcz

Thanks for coming here.

Which Max plan do you have with us?

You can check this in your My EE account this will show you the allowance information too.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Kolcz Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm on 4GEE Max Plan with 7GB of data.

I'm just asking because I've been told that if I'm going aboard I'm getting fresh 7GB of data to use within 30 days but when I went for my holiday it didn't work like that. I used about 4 GB of data in UK and went for holiday thinking that I can use 7GB but unfortunatelly I had just 3GB left to use and thats what app was showing as well.

Kind Regards,

Matt

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kolcz  You can only use what's on your allowance and you don't get more data just because you've gone abroad.  If you get 7GB and use 3GB then go abroad you only have 4GB left to use. 

by

Hello there @Kolcz.

Thanks for confirming the details for me.

Whatever data allowance you have remaining when you go abroad will be what is available.

The allowance will be for you to use within the UK and abroad and will not have an extra 7GB. 

If you want to double check this give us a call our customer service team have account access to help you 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.

by Kolcz Contributor
Contributor

Okay, it's clear for me now but the thing is that I've been told by Carphone agent where I singed the contract that it's different. For me it means that I was lied by him, what should I do now ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kolcz   You could take this up with Carphone and that's all you can do.  

by Kolcz Contributor
Contributor

Will do. Thank You for help, Bye.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kolcz

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions