by rhubarb71 Investigator
Investigator

Data pack with no data?

I started a £10 PAYG data pack (new SIM, shop-bought) at the start of the month, data was working fine but whenever I tried to call or text it would fail... texting AL to 150 would give me a reply saying "sorry we are unable to process your request, we are aware of the problem so please try again a little later".  Calling 150 would say I have a data pack... correct.

Then when I got to around 50MB of downloaded data, the data cut off as well.  So I phoned support... from what little I understood, my number was inactive and I had to top up £10 to activate it?  So I topped it up, and now I have texts and calls, but still no data.  Calling/texting 150 doesn't even mention my data pack anymore.

What's going on?  Have I just thrown away £20?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Data pack with no data?

Hello @rhubarb71 the 50mb was the free 50mb get you started data that comes with all new PAYG accounts. You can check to see if you have any packs on your account by using this link from your phones data (not WiFi) connection:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

If no packs show up in the link but your credit has been taken then please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access the account and look into this for you. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @rhubarb71 the 50mb was the free 50mb get you started data that comes with all new PAYG accounts. You can check to see if you have any packs on your account by using this link from your phones data (not WiFi) connection:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

If no packs show up in the link but your credit has been taken then please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access the account and look into this for you. 🙂
by rhubarb71 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the fast reply, got it sorted!  I guess the data pack just hadn't been applied to my account.  Didn't know about the free 50MB, that explains that.  Thanks for your help.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @rhubarb71 good to hear your pack is now active working on your account. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.