by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

Data not connecting to iPhone 6s plus

Please help, my mobile data is not working!! I am fine with wifi on but not when I am out and about. I have a iPhone 6s Plus 

I have tried turning it on and off, I have taken the sim out and put back in, I have reset factory settings, I have turned wifi on and off. 

23 REPLIES 23
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data not connecting to iPhone 6s plus

Is it any particular sites or apps or all of them?

You do have Mobile Data switched ON?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

Hi it’s everything when WiFi is switched off no WhatsApp no internet same for all other apps I’ve got 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just in case,  could it be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? Content Lock often blocks social sites but not ordinary web pages..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

I have done that and it’s still not working

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Dipzj.

Welcome to the community.

Is your mobile data turned on in settings?

Do you have data left? You can check in your MyEE Account.

Jon

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Jon_K

yes mobile data is switched on in settings and I have my full data allowance left as I only got the contact on Monday gone and have been able to use the data

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Dipzj As this is a new plan, you are better ringing EE via 150 and asking them to have a look at this for you from their end.

One last thing to try first though before you call EE is a network reset by going Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  Follow the prompts and your iPhone will then reboot.

(EE will probably ask you to do this anyway if you ring them).

by

Thanks @Dipzj.

Since you haven't been able to use the data at all since getting the contract, I'd recommend contacting our tech care team as they will be able to check your account and make sure everything is set up correctly.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

@Jon_K And @Profile closed

@I’be called EE so many times and they are staying there is nothing wrong on there side and to call Apple. Apple have checked my phone and said there is nothing wrong with it.

EE have just kept passing the buck and aren’t helping 

by

I'm sorry to hear this @Dipzj.

It doesn't sound like the phone is at fault.

I'd definitely recommend getting back in touch with our tech care team as it's more than likely an account problem since you haven't been able to use the data at all.

Jon

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Dipzj 'You need to call Apple' is EE's stock answer to everything when they run out of their 'what do I do next' script and they dont know what to do or say next.

@Jon_K @Sorcha @TiffJ This needs addressing within CS training as it is not an acceptable answer.

Like I've been saying for as long as I moved from T-Mobile to EE, EE needs specific handset CS and specific handset training.

Customers using iPhone needs to be put though to agents who have been specially trained on iPhones in exactly the same way customers using other handset types need to be put though to agents again trained on that handset.

EE CS is a mess now in this respect and is getting worse!

by

I'll feed this back to the relevant people @Profile closed.

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

I will call them again and see what they say this has become so stressful 

i want to thank you all for your help and advice you are giving me along the way @Jon_K @Profile closed @XRaySpeX

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dipzj  Have you tried a network reset on the device ? 

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B hi yes I have tried that I have even completely restored the phone as new

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dipzj  When you try and use mobile data what does it say on the screen of the device? 

And to ask where did you get this device from ?  

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

WhatsApp just shows waiting to connect and bowser says no internet connections

i got my phone from apple it’s unlocked I’ve used EE in it before and it was fine 

by

Hi @Dipzj.

Did you contact our tech care team again?

If possible, could you try your SIM in another phone?

This would determine if the problem follows the SIM or the phone.

Jon

by Dipzj Contributor
Contributor

Hi called again and they are going to send another sim

and yes I have tried a different sim and different phone my sim didn’t work in the different phone and the different sim did work in my phone so it’s definitely nothing wrong with my phone 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions