by JimmyB231 Contributor
Contributor

Data issue

Hi,

I’ve just joined on a Black Friday 60gb sim only deal but when I log onto my account it’s only showing 30gb.

online chat said it’s because the 30gb is free and added after the 14 day cooling off period.

has anyone else had the same problem? I’m just confused as it’s called a 60gb smart sim nowhere does it say a 30gb sim plus 30gb free? 

thanks in advance for the help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Data issue

Good Morning @JimmyB231.

Welcome to EE. 

I would love to see if I can help, you should now have a private message from myself for further information. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JimmyB231 

If you search the forum you will see this is a common issue. I've not heard the explanation given by CS before, and it makes no sense as that would be after the cooling off period. 

If you have upgraded to 60GB then it should say 60GB in your app!

I would call CS on 150 rather than use live chat.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by JimmyB231 Contributor
Contributor

hi @Northerner 

Thanks very much for your advice I will try and call later, calling is my preferred method but chat is just convenient sometimes with the little one running riot 😀 again that’s for the help. 

by JimmyB231 Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to add to that @Northerner it wasn’t an upgrade and was a new sim only deal.

this was the exact wording:

I understand your concern however there are many cases where we do offer full data allowances and people use and cancel within 14 days.
By this they'd not to pay anything though getting free services.
So to prevent this cases, this change in now in action.

But like you say I think a call is the best option.

thanks for the help it’s great for us Newbies.

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Good Morning @JimmyB231.

Welcome to EE. 

I would love to see if I can help, you should now have a private message from myself for further information. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JimmyB231 

@Katie_B can you clarify why CS means by this comment:

this was the exact wording:

I understand your concern however there are many cases where we do offer full data allowances and people use and cancel within 14 days.
By this they'd not to pay anything though getting free services.
So to prevent this cases, this change in now in action.

From my decoding of those comments it seems that EE disregard the consumers rights under Consumer Rights Act 2015. EE are saying that people are canceling within 14 days and using data which they regard as "free". As a result EE are only allowing consumers who buy 60GB plans 30GB until their legal right to cancel (cooling off period) has expired. 

I would suggest this practice is miss leading, dishonest and illegal as the consumer has purchased 60GB not 30GB. I can understand this approach with gifts as they are physical objects, but data a service not a physical object.

If it's EE view they are giving away data for "free" to those who cancel within 14 days then that's their loss and tough. Really they lose nothing as data a service.

This practice should be exposed on Twitter if it's true. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by JimmyB231 Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Northerner 

EE called back when they said they would and instantly added the data, they said it’s a 30gb with double data and it hadn’t been added correctly it’s very confusing though because even now if you go on sim only it’s called a 60gb sim no mention of double data.

its sorted now thanks for your advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions