by creative_cowell Investigator
Investigator

Data boost being taken away

Hello

I got a new phone contract in December, and was told that even if I cancel my broadband with EE, my 5GB boost will last the length of my mobile contract. Our fibre contract came to an end at the end of December, and I've just switched to another provider. I have received a letter saying my boost will end too - I feel like I have been misled. The only reason I got a contract with low data was because the salesman told me that my boost will stay with my. Mobile contract. Any advice? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Data boost being taken away

Hi @tm90 & @Christopher_G

I spoke to somebody on the live chat this morning, they were really really helpful and I'm happy to say they were able to give me a different data boost that allows me to have a 5GB  boost until my contract terminates in November 2019. They're also going to pass the message onto the store, so hopefully this won't happen to anyone else!

Thank you for all of your help! 

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @creative_cowell the information you were given is not correct. The 5gb data boost will be removed if you cancel your BB line:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/ee-data-boost

Why have I been sent a text saying my boost has been removed?

If you’ve changed mobile plan midway through your contract or upgraded your plan, we remove any old boosts from your plan.

But don’t worry, they’ll be replaced with the 5GB boost instead. You’ll get a second text to let you know when that’s happened.

Also if you cancel your EE Home Broadband contract we’ll remove the boost from you mobile plan.

🙂

Investigator

So you're saying I was lied to then... Well that's quite upsetting. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I am sorry you were not given the correct information. If you would like to take this further please see here for information on how to make a formal complaint to EE:

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/ways-to-complain

🙂

Investigator

Thank you so much for your help, I will do that! 

@tm90 wrote:

I am sorry you were not given the correct information. If you would like to take this further please see here for information on how to make a formal complaint to EE:

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/ways-to-complain

🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @creative_cowell

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you may have been given some incorrect information back in December.

Please let us know how you get on, after speaking to the complaints team.

I'd love to know (and I'm sure @tm90 would too) that you got this resolved.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Investigator
Solution

Hi @tm90 & @Christopher_G

I spoke to somebody on the live chat this morning, they were really really helpful and I'm happy to say they were able to give me a different data boost that allows me to have a 5GB  boost until my contract terminates in November 2019. They're also going to pass the message onto the store, so hopefully this won't happen to anyone else!

Thank you for all of your help! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Sounds like the perfect solution, @creative_cowell.

Thanks for reaching out to them and I'm glad you're all sorted. 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your day and feel free to come back to the community any time.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.