Highlighted
by
Explorer

Data allowance

If I take out additional sim only line that has 100GB data, can I hotspot this to enable WIFI connections on my TV/Latptop? Then is it also possible to gift data from my phone plan to this additional line?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Data allowance

Hi @ChrisH1406.

Welcome to the EE Community 🙂

As long as the phone that you use the SIM card in supports personal hotspot, then you will be able to hotspot your TV and laptop.

As for Data Gifting, yes, it's possible to gift data between numbers that are part of the same account.

Have a look at our Data Gifting Help Page for more information.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by
Solution

Hi @ChrisH1406.

Welcome to the EE Community 🙂

As long as the phone that you use the SIM card in supports personal hotspot, then you will be able to hotspot your TV and laptop.

As for Data Gifting, yes, it's possible to gift data between numbers that are part of the same account.

Have a look at our Data Gifting Help Page for more information.

Jon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Thanks @Jon_K, also are there any limits as too how much data can be used via the hotspot?

Highlighted
by

Hi @ChrisH1406.

Here's a little section from the terms and conditions that should answer this for you:

If you regularly tether 12 or more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan.

We will consider usage above 1000GB/month to be commercial use and have the right to move you to a business plan.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.