by nicoatridge

Data Usage on Metered Connection

I have an Osprey router with an EE 4G SIM. I seem to eat up bandwidth despite but can'r figure out why. We have acouple of PCs (set up for metered connection) and some phones and Apple devices that connect, but can't figure out what is eating up my monthly allowance. We seem to be consuming about 1.5GB/day even when we do not connect phones and are only using the PCs for email and web access. Conversely on my phone I barely use 2GB per month on another EE plan.

This is costing me money in top-ups and I don't see how we can be using up the equivalent of downloading 2 HD movies a day when we don't download anything except regular web pages. How can I work out which devices are chewing up the bandwidth or should I just find a plan with unlimited 4G bandwidth?

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data Usage on Metered Connection

You could get a Broadband Meter for the PCs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.