by Houghtie
Explorer

Data Gifting - option greyed out

Hi,

My wife and I have a shared account (she has 15gb a month and I have 1GB plus a 5GB boost as we have EE broadband) I have an apple IPhone 6s and my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S8

I have run out of data and my wife (as the main account holder) has been trying to gift me data using the EE app.

After navigating to the family usage screen and then the data gifting option my name appears but the boxes to tick is greyed out and an error message appears (at the bottom of the app) asking to try again later.

We’ve logged out and in again, and reinstalled the app on my wife’s phone but still no joy.

Is this a known fault and if so, is there anything we can do?

Any advice / help appreciated! 🙂

Thanks

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data Gifting - option greyed out

Hi, 

Does your wife pay both the mobile bills?

EE data gifting guide is here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Houghtie

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

When you get a chance to answer @Northerner then we may be able to help you further.

Or

have you spoken with customer services so they can look into this for you to see if you are eligible?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Houghtie
Explorer

Hi, 

Thanks  for your reply,

The bills come come out as one payment. I’ve had a look at the guide (thanks for the link) and am not sure if we qualify or not - it says my wife has shared data but I took out a nnew contract in August last year and only get 1GB per month (due the phone I bought - I believe) but previously we used to share 20Gb

Would it be worth us ringing to confirm if this is set up correctly?

We were told about this feature (data gifting)when I took out the contract (subsequently this was delayed) and was one of the reasons I went ahead with a lower amount of data - I’ll be disappointed if we can’t utilise this.

Thanks

Andrew

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Houghtie

Thanks for coming back to me 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some further information.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.