by Simon_Tullochw Investigator
Investigator

Data Gifting , Business Customers

Last year I upgraded 2 x phones on the basis of data gifting (August), this was not available at the time., even though the shop told me it was.

In your defence you did make ammends at time, but I was also told that when data gifting became availble, I could have it irrespective of your actions then.

It remains I would like the ability to gift data from one of my phones to my wifi dongle, noting here that I have three contract with you and pay the best part of £1600 a year.

Please can you look into this and contact me

Thanks

Simon

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data Gifting , Business Customers

@Simon_Tullochw  Data gifting Is only available to personal plans not business tariffs or business customers using consumer plans.  

Please read THIS

Investigator

That may be the official line Chris, but please re-read my inital contact, as although I was initally recompensed by a different means, the initial offer made by the Inverness store remained in place in that I could have gifting on my business phones...I.e one recompense doesnt cancel out the initial offer

Need more work

Simon

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Simon_Tullochw,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm afraid data gifting isn't compatible with business accounts at this time.

If you would like to discuss this further, please get in touch with customer services.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hello Again

I notice that both today and yesterday, I now have the button for data gifting on my EE, see screenshot, but this doesnt seem to work?

As you can see , I have a considerable invocie monthly, and frankly I am wasting data on one of these as I cannot gift it..

If I now have this button, I am expecting it to work....please make sure it does so.

Thanks

Simon

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 09.18.12.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Simon_Tullochw  I assume your trying to gift data to another device that is on your account ?    And data gifting is only for personal tariffs and the app your using is a general app not a specific app for your tariff type.  

Investigator

Chris , I have 2 phone contracts and a myfi contract . The screenshot isn’t from an app , it’s from my EE business log in . I don’t buy into what you say on the app I’m afraid , as with the web site , it should differentiate between personal and business customers and therefore adapt the display or offering based on the type of log in . In this case , I am clearly being offered the opportunity to gift data, that’s a contractual offering , and I wish to take that opportunity up , not once , but on an ongoing basis. If you work for EE either deal with this or get someone to contact me who does , if you dont work for EE then I hope someone who does can pay attention here and deal. Many thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @Simon_Tullochw and welcome back to the community.

Chris_B is indeed correct on this one.

Data gifting is not available to all small, medium business or corporate customers (including customers who are on consumer plans).

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Lee, Chris....

I hear you, as I have heard before now, but you are not hearing me...

As you can see from the screen shot, the opportunity to do this is clearly visible, this is a small business account, logged into via the web site, not an app.

I have just looged in again, and it remains the button to do this is there, ...therefore EE as a business are offering me the facility to gift my data within the three contracts I have...

Therefore EE are contractually bound to make good on the offer, just as I am contractually bound to pay monthly, as I do without fail.

Please do not come back to me with the same "its not available" excuse, when somewhere within the system it obviously must be, or by default there wouldnt be a button to do it...

Do however come back to me, or push this higher up the chain, so that I am being heard by someone who can do somethig about it.

I expect to be contacted directly within 24hours please, consider yourself under notice to do so.

Ragards

Simon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Simon_Tullochw  EE could/might be about to offer this to business users so your account has already been updated for it, that doesn’t mean you can have it when you want it and at present it’s not available and has not been advised as such.   EE are not under any contract with you to provide data gifting as it’s a service that if available to you it is available to you and at present it’s not available to business customers.    All EE online accounts are  being updated and once it’s fully updated across all accounts you might find that this option will disappear as it’s probably not meant to be displayed for business customers.  

You have been told it’s not available for business customers so no amount of I want it now is going to get it now for you. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Simon_Tullochw

I have sent an email to one of the relevant teams to look into this.

If we need any further details we will send you a private message.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Chris

Im sure you know quite a bit about EE and the ins and outs, however I suggest that you may not know quite so much about contract law, specifically the display of a service, in a specifically secure area which then leads you to believe a service once promised (and here it was when we took out the phone contracts), but then not delivered, is now seemingly available....

"Probably not supposed to be displayed isnt going to hold a great deal of water", nor "all EE accounts are being updated", and certainly not "You have been told", which frankly is offensive, you may feel you can speak to customers like that, I suggest that is ill advised,

Grand Master or No Grandmaster title, customers derserve respect, and its a customers right to challenge suppliers, as I am, sure plenty do , without being offensive, as I have not been, challenging, demanding, time bound...yes, but offensive, certainly not

Fortunately Lee _ H EE Community Support Team has come to your rescue with a much more ammenable , professional response, within the 24hours notice, thank you Lee.

Dont bother replying here Chris, I dont think you have anything valuable to add

With regards

Simon

Investigator

Thanks Lee, I look forward to hearing back as soon as possible.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Simon_Tullochw  I don’t work for EE I’m a customer just like you.  But I do know that just because something is there is don’t mean you are entitled to it.   Do all the switches in your car do something or how about all the  buttons on your TV remote control ?  And a service that is provided and it’s not part of your contract and your not paying for doesn’t mean that your entitled to it if you don’t meet the terms set out to receive that entitlement. I know about contract law and you haven’t signed anything that entitles you to this.  

At no point have I said you’ve been offensive and I don’t know where you got that from.   

And I could say don’t bother replying but that’s you decision and not mine to inflict upon you.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

A button appearing on you log in page doesn't form a part of a contract. No contract law will come into play here.

They are doing maintence work tonight on MyEE it may be just a bug.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.