by TobyA13
Explorer

Data Allowance error!

i've recieved a text from "1024" stating i've ran out of data, i have a 25gb data aloowance and my phone shows that i've only used 8.8gb whats going on? i cant use my data anymore.

4 REPLIES 4
by TobyA13
Explorer

Re: I received a text from 1024, is this a valid EE number. Thanks for any help.

i've been told my data allowance is used up (25gb) but my phone states i've only used 8.8gb why has my data been cut off? 

by
EE Employee

Re: Data Allowance error!

Hi and welcome to the community @TobyA13

This is very unusual, are you currently in the UK or overseas?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I received a text from 1024, is this a valid EE number. Thanks for any help.

@TobyA13  Click THIS ( turn wifi off on the device). What does it say ? And it’s never good to judge your data usage on the device itself use the link I’ve provided or the my EE app. 

by ChristopherJZ Investigator
Investigator

Can you please explain why it is never good to judge your data use on the phone itself? Why do most, if not all, smartphones come with this feature if it's unreliable? The phone should provide a pretty good estimate, in my opinion, at least enough to challenge the networks calculations should there be a discrepancy.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.