by Quovadis
Explorer

Create a hot spot fot two PAYG phones in Madeira Portugal

We have two iphone 6s PAYG and want to know if there is a package for three weeks or more to be able to connect to the internet whilst in Portugal which will allow us to then connect our laptops to the hotspot and watch sky news or browse our emails ??  any thoughts please and costs to do this would be helepful   kind regards 

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Create a hot spot fot two PAYG phones in Madeira Portugal

Hi @Quovadis,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can use the inclusive allowances of our pay as you go packs in Portugal.

If it's just data you need, a Data Pack will offer you the best value.

Hope this helps.

James

by Quovadis
Explorer

How good is a phoen hotspot and can you stream news channels/ tv easily ?

Looking to create a two hot spots using our Iphone 6s in Portugal  and link it to our laptops ... how good is the service and is it fast enough to stream sky news or TV channels?   I want it for three weeks does anyone know what the likely cost would be if we stream daily ....or how much it would be per hour , and what package to search for please ?

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How good is a phoen hotspot and can you stream news channels/ tv easily ?

Hi @Quovadis,

Did you see my previous reply?

Data speeds will vary depending on the local network you are using in Portugal but you'll probably find it's fast enough to stream in most places.

Please take a look at How much data am I using on EE? for more information on how much data you can expect to use when streaming.

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Create a hot spot fot two PAYG phones in Madeira Portugal

There is no particular package to buy. You just use your normal PAYG pack in Portugal just as you would in UK as it is covered by EU roaming. You may use your phones as hotspots whenever you like.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.