by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

Content lock, just cant unlock it.

So content lock on my device (sim only) prevents me from viewing some websites (they are not even 18+) that I visit daily. And I cant unlock it, there is no option to do it in the settings; after sending a text I get 'your response has not been indentified'; and I do not own a credit card.

I find this absolutely outrageous. Some websites I cant access are not even in english, how can BBFC possibly know about them and judge their content? How is it necessary to be over 18 to access urbandictionary.com ??

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Content lock, just cant unlock it.

Have you followed Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, options 1,2,3 wont work/are unavailable, my card number I entered over the phone is not good enough as a proof of age. Going to a store and provide a passport? What if its expired and I don't have british driving license? This state control is crazy.

PS.

Ok so it may not be a content lock after all. As all I get is a

"This site can't be reached

xyz unexpectedly closed the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

What is this? Websites I'm trying to access do work fine on wifi. 

So I did a little experiment and tried to enter some edgy sites for the lulz like s...mfront and then I DO get redirected  "THIS CONTENT IS LOCKED" message.

Now I would like to know 2 things. What is this error and how to disable content lock.

"

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which Website? There are many reports coming in concerning AWS hosted sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @paw85

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care Team so they can check your content lock settings?

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions