by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

Content lock, just cant unlock it.

So content lock on my device (sim only) prevents me from viewing some websites (they are not even 18+) that I visit daily. And I cant unlock it, there is no option to do it in the settings; after sending a text I get 'your response has not been indentified'; and I do not own a credit card.

I find this absolutely outrageous. Some websites I cant access are not even in english, how can BBFC possibly know about them and judge their content? How is it necessary to be over 18 to access urbandictionary.com ??

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Content lock, just cant unlock it.

Have you followed Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, options 1,2,3 wont work/are unavailable, my card number I entered over the phone is not good enough as a proof of age. Going to a store and provide a passport? What if its expired and I don't have british driving license? This state control is crazy.

PS.

Ok so it may not be a content lock after all. As all I get is a

"This site can't be reached

xyz unexpectedly closed the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

What is this? Websites I'm trying to access do work fine on wifi. 

So I did a little experiment and tried to enter some edgy sites for the lulz like s...mfront and then I DO get redirected  "THIS CONTENT IS LOCKED" message.

Now I would like to know 2 things. What is this error and how to disable content lock.

"

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which Website? There are many reports coming in concerning AWS hosted sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @paw85

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care Team so they can check your content lock settings?

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.