by Tristanvet
Explorer

Connection problems

For some time now I have been having major problems with the 4G service anywhere within 0.5-1 mile radius of home & in some other places too. My phone display says I have 2 or more bars of 4G signal but most of the time I cannot access the internet using my phone. Making phone calls is mostly impossible - if an incoming or outgoing call does connect the person on the other end cannot hear me but I can hear them perfectly whether they are calling from a mobile or landline. My partner (also with EE) has the same problem as do nearly every friend, neighbour or client with EE in the vicinity no matter what type/make of phone they are using. One friend who visits regularly from Anglesey and has a different make of phone finds she has the same problems when visiting me but not at home. Can anybody explain why this is happening and what EE are going to do about it? If not resolved quickly I will have no option but to terminate my contract & seek compensation. I am a veterinary surgeon and rely on my mobile phone out of hours when dealing with emergency calls

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Connection problems

Hi @Tristanvet 

Have you checked EE Network Status Checker?

What does the coverage checker say about where you live? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tristanvet.

Welcome to the community.

If you could let us know the results from the Network Status Checker, we will be able to advise you of the next steps 🙂

Jon

by Tristanvet
Explorer

We get virtually daily messages from EE to say there’s a problem that will be fixed within 6-7 hrs but even on the days when that isn’t the case we have the same problems. It’s been going on for over a year & getting gradually worse. Tends to be worse in the morning & better late evening. If there are, in fact, daily problems in our area why does this keep happening & why hasn’t something been done about it? I’m paying for a service that 75% of the time does not work & I’m getting seriously pissed off about it.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Tristanvet.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus so they can look into your area in more depth.

They will be able to give you an explanation as to why you're getting these texts, and hopefully come up with a resolution.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.