by Dykesy
Explorer

Connection issues

I can use the browser but not able to play games as my device says not connected... I’m have data left on contract... 

Are there issues with the EE network at the moment around the Derby area ? 

11 REPLIES 11
by Lychee Investigator
Investigator

Can't access certain website on 4g

For some reason whenever I try to access a website (wanikani.com) using mobile data, I just get an ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED message.

I've tried moving the SIM to another phone, using a different browser, clearing my browser data, etc, but no luck. The website does work on a different SIM, so I can only conclude that the issue is with the SIM itself.

Do any of you have any idea why this might be happening, and how I can fix it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't access certain website on 4g

@Lychee: I'll try & get 1 of the EE staff here to look into it but it won't be till the a.m.

@James_B: In last few hours reports are piling in of unable to access certain apps & sites over both EE networks. These used to work for these users & work on other networks. To my mind the common factor would seem to be many of these sites are hosted on Amazon's AWS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Connection issues

Are your games hosted by AWS? There seems to a current issue connecting to such sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dykesy
Explorer

I believe so yes.. is the connection from EE or is it all networks ? 

by Lychee Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the quick reply!

I wasn't even aware of AWS till you mentioned it, but it looks like Wanikani is indeed hosted on it, so that's likely what's causing the issue as you said.

I guess that means there's not much I can do about it until it's fixed. I was worried it was a problem on my end!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It seems to be on EE's BB & mobile networks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Lychee.

Could you try restarting your phone and trying again this morning?

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks @XRaySpeX!

Jon

by Lychee Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Jon_K

When I restarted my phone, I was able to access the website successfully, so that's good! The accompanying app still isn't working - it connects to the site by way of an API key, so I don't know if that's a related issue or not.

by

Thanks @Lychee.

Is it the WaniKani app?

If you're still having trouble with it, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus.

Jon

by Lychee Investigator
Investigator

Yeah it is. I'll contact them and see if they can help. Thanks!

by

Thanks @Lychee!

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.