by mgsteveb
Visitor

Chitter Chatter unwanted marketing text message

I have blocked all third party charges after unwanted charges on my account from a seperate company. EE were slow to act, initially put up some resistance saying it was my fault then finally refunded me. I also asked EE to remove me from all marketing texts. I have recently recieved a marketing text from Chitter Chatter, a key partner of EE. When I complained and explained this EE said it was my fault, nothing to do with them. I changed my number and don't give it out. I do not want text messages from Chitter Chatter that is linked with EE. How did they get my number?

Also the person dealing with my complaint initially thought my outside service plan was due to third Party charges where as I had sorted that out six months ago.

I see EE have 1.4 out of 10 customer srvices review on trust pilot.

Excellent 7%
Great        2%
Average   1%
Poor         4%
Bad          86%

Just about to add my contribution.
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Chitter Chatter unwanted marketing text message

@mgsteveb  Chitter chatter are not a partner of EE at all.  If you ever use any of the chitter chatter links it takes you to the EE site.  If it was a  3rd party it would link you to their own site and not EE’s.   I’ve somehow subscribed to this service via e-mail and I know I’ve not.  You have at some point like me allowed a different third party to share your information with others.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Chitter Chatter unwanted marketing text message

Hi @mgsteveb

Please see our Stopping unwanted calls and texts help and support pages.

At EE, we're keen to prevent unwanted calls or texts.

These could be from sales and marketing companies trying to sell goods or services or unsolicited text messages (known as spam) inviting you to urgently call a premium rate and text services.

They could also simply be calls from a number you no longer want to be able to contact you.

Below are some simple tips that can help you avoid them.

Please note, all text messages sent from EE will clearly state they're from us in the sender information.

If EE is not stated in the sender information then the text message has not been sent by us.

I draw your attention to the blocking incoming calls and texts drop down box.

All our information and advice for what to do is contained there.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.